Monday, April 04, 2005

Like a big baked potatoe.

Never underestimate the cunningness of five desperate housewives and one single gal. April Fools is our mega holiday. Some people go crazy over Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Independence Day, we go all out on the first of April.

A little history:
It all began two years ago when our art teacher (a good friend, more like a big sister) decided to show up at school with a horrible cut down her calf. Her leg was bruised and battered and marked by a six inch slice that had been stitched up like it was a sliced up ham. The entire school proceeded to poor sympathy on our poor art teacher, much to her delight. Mixed in with the sympathy was a heaping serving of disgust at the true nastiness of her wound. She soon revealed that it was all a prank and she had painted on the bruises, made a raised wound using glue and created stitches by slicing black thread. It was a masterpiece of artwork and deception.

Spring forward one year:

Last year the April Fools prank-fest was in full swing. I got back at the art teacher by removing her entire roomful of art supplies and hiding them. She showed up to teach and went to set up her room for class and upon opening the drawers of all her cabinets found nothing. She later told me that she had a minor panic attack after opening drawer after drawer.

The mea culpa was our planned attack on our elementary principal. She had talked smack all day long (or as much smack as she could talk) about us not getting her during the school day. So we brainstormed and came up with a plan to super prank her. Four moms, myself, and a van full of kids descended on her home and with the help of her husband (who didn’t know what he was in for) we pulled over a major feat. We did a little rearranging of her furniture and when she came home that evening she found her entire bedroom set (including alarm clock properly set to the correct time) in her living room and her living room set in her bedroom. There were also special little treats hidden throughout her home (random scary decorating items from the dollar store). It was classic.

Present Day:

So as you can see we had out do our selves this year. The task was great but we were a Cracker Jack bunch of women and no mountain was too high to climb. We knew we had to strike fast, hard, and something public would be a plus. Our plan was set and we sprung into action. We figured that she would anticipate a Friday attack so we planned to deliver our prank a day early.

On Wednesday night we converged at the school ready to take out our greatest feat yet. Four hours later our task was accomplished. We had foiled her office. You heard that right, FOILED her office. If it was visible it was covered in foil. Two tall bookshelves, check, every book individually wrapped, check, the computer, check, the office supplies, check, individual pens and pencils, check, even the tiny post-it notes on her desk were wrapped. The walls, the ceiling fan, the floor, EVERYTHING. So four hours and 64 rolls of foil later our task was complete. It almost looked like a piece of art work or an ice cave.

Suffice it to say, that our principal was dumbfounded upon finding her office foiled. It was a special treat that a few of us were hiding in the room next door and had perfect line of sight to see her utter disbelief to the sight.

So not only were we famous at our school (everyone heard and came by to look – even some of the church staff (our school rents facilities from a church)) but the newspaper ran a picture in the Friday paper so we were famous in our own town.

Click here for the newspaper picture.

So if you wanna start a prank war with me just remember that I bring the big guns and what you may start, I will FINISH.

13 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. did she freak a beak? that is SO funny!

good one, kt!

4/04/2005 10:29 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

"freak a beak..." That still kills me...

See but I can talk smack because... like you're coming to Minnesota to wrap my office in foil... besides that... foil doesn't stick to glass.

Neener, Neener, Neener.

4/04/2005 11:10 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ben - Foil will so stick to glass with the proper adhesive (i.e. tape) and don't put it past me to get in my car and drive right up there with my trunk full of foil. Just test me young wipper snapper.

Heather - it was a lot of foil. We made a big foil ball out of it all and I will post that pic as soon as I get one.

4/04/2005 11:22 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

HILARIOUS - almost as hilarious as the episode of Life on a Stick where they deep-fried everyhing in their bosses office! Chicken Fried Stapler - YUM!!

But wow, you guys did a great job - I think some foil might add a little shine to my dull cube...

4/04/2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Oh, and I changed your masthead photo AND I just got it about the Bake POTATOE!!!

4/04/2005 3:14 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

DID I JUST ADD AN E to my potato? What is WRONG with me!!!

4/04/2005 3:14 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I KNEW IT - I am sooo good at spotting anon's.

Anyway, since you are indeed a pilot I will have to do something that says Pilot and not something that says - Street Sweeper - even though I hear the Derelict look is in - I think I will go with Donald Trump meets Abe Lincoln meets North Face - and I want to use some colors I have never done before - and I need your PHP page in a text based format so that I can get your scripts and everything just right.

4/04/2005 3:22 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I AM crazy - I just posted a comment on the wrong site!!! LOL!!!

4/04/2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Eddie are you confusing me with Alan? I'm not sure whether to be insulted or complimented. Ha Ha Ha.

4/04/2005 3:41 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

no, he's not confusing you with alan. he's confusing you with himself.

HE STILL THINKS THAT HE IS KPINION!

4/04/2005 5:18 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Eddie - there is an e at the end of potatoe that way the o is long. Hello phonics people. If there was not e then it would sound like potatuh not potatoe. You have been edumacated.

4/04/2005 5:22 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

helloe, katie. thank you for edumacating us on the word potatoe. i like my potatoes with tomatoes.

btw, i told eddie "Noe!" do not change her font. I liked it the way it was.

alright now. I'm going to go play the pianoe.

4/04/2005 7:28 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Boring font Katie... because you actually think this font looks better than the Swirly one (Swirly Girl) the smart card comes back in my direction.

lol.

4/04/2005 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home