Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Frustration

UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH. Please don't underestimate the emotion emoted by the one word. I am frustrated. If you will remember I gave a little pre-emptive heads up that I would be posting regarding grace, mercy, legalism, and obedience (though not in that paticular order). Well then I was reading a book last night and it got me to thinking if I was trying to take these huge issues that are way beyond understanding and wrapping them up in a neat package with a pretty Martha Stewart bow. Am I trying to take these grand things and dumb them down so I feel like I have a grasp on them. Am I just trying to make it so that I can say that I conquered the ideas. Is this a whole control issue? UGH.

And then it comes. A real life applicable issue where the idea of grace and legalism come into play. Are those the new Christian buzz words. Show grace, give me grace, I need some grace. Don't be so legalistic, legalism breeds rebellion, you are so legalistic, this is legalism. AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH. The funny thing is that as far as I can tell grace and legalism deal specifically with salvation while mercy and obedience deal with all areas of life. But I guess mercy and obedience don't carry the same weight, don't pack enough punch, to be used so we must go with the "go to" sayings and make sure everyone feels the religious bite of our accusations.

So this is my predicament. I know I will never fully understand any of these. I can't, they are qualities of God and on this earth I see only shadows of them. All I know to do is trust that God will grant me wisdom in the areas where these issues come up and show me mercy (see correct word usage) when I missuse them and try to take the things of above and bring them down to my level.

Ok enough ranting and raving. I'm done but I welcome comments and suggestions.

3 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

Philosophy can be a difficult, frustrating thing Katie. It's easier just not to think. Then you don't have to worry about it all.

12/14/2004 2:30 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

KATIE. Did you REALLY think I was being serious about that whole thinking thing? REALLY, NOW.

I think you've asked some very legit questions here. And I think it's okay that you try to answer them for yourself.

More important to me than you defining these new buzz words is...

WHAT LED YOU TO BLOG ABOUT THIS? did something recently happen in your life to provoke this blog? please, tell us. your Internet fans are wanting to know.

12/14/2004 2:32 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ahhh, the great question of WHY?. Well things are always happening to bring up these questions. It seems like the issue of the present with me. It's actually weird how often this predicament comes to my attention. Maybe this is a big issue for me and I am just now realizing that I need to spend some time pondering it.

12/14/2004 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home