Monday, December 13, 2004

Here come the 80s

Like a bad burrito that you regret at 2am, the music of the 80s often flashes through my mind. Today such an episode occured.

The backstory:

We (my school) require our students to have a set # of community service hours per semester.
So here goes the conversation:

Me: "Well, we're trying to get them (students) to actually go out in the community and serve, to move beyond their Christian safety nets"

My principal: "Yeah, we want to take Matthew down to . . . . ." she pauses to think of a 'non-Chritian type place'

I pipe up "Paradise City, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, won't you please take me home"

Silence.

More silence.

They didn't get my fun 80's music tie in.

Do you?

6 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

HA. Katie, you're a nutcase. That's why we love you. If you had done that to me, surely I would have broken down laughing, laughing, laughing.

12/13/2004 4:51 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

Did you sing it just like the song, too?

12/13/2004 4:52 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

Did you sing it just like the song, too?

12/13/2004 4:52 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

ug. please remove one of those. i hate it when i hit the submit button too many times. I did that to Willow once (helenadawn.blogspot.com) and it posted, like, 6 different times.

12/13/2004 4:52 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jessica - I didn't sing-song the quote originally but then my brain kicked in and I started singing it in my head and continued on ALL NIGHT LONG. I went to sleep singing it in my head. I even did the Axel Rose dance later as I sang it in my head.

12/14/2004 9:49 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

Katie. NOT the Axel Rose dance. SAY IT'S NOT TRUE.

12/14/2004 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home