Friday, November 19, 2004

Turkey Time (and a little Texas Hold 'em)

It is that time again. The holiday hype has begun. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, and on and on. We seem to like to cram the winter months with as many holidays as possible.

To all my readers (Eddie and Jessica that's the two of you) I will be out of town for the next week. I'm going down to the land of Refineries and Oil fields. Ahh good ol south east Texas.

I will eat turkey, potatoes, and maybe just maybe some good gumbo. I will also play poker. Turkey and poker, those just sound like a holiday in and of themselves. My uncle is hosting a Texas Hold'em tournament and i get to play. I predict one of two things, I will be the first out or the last in. I think I have good poker skills but in fact I am a stark raving idiot when it comes to this game. I know what beats what, I'm a fairly successful liar, but strategy and such are not my forte. I would rather have a cranium or trivial pursuit tournament. So wish me luck and that I at least last longer than someone else.

Enjoy your turkey day, time with familiy, parades and football games, and some good nap time.

3 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

KT, maybe you should bring cranium or some other game and host a tourney of your own, for all the non-poker players.

i assume you're be in beaumont??

have a wonderful time! :)

11/19/2004 4:30 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Did someone say Cranium? I love Cranium, the thought of it, playing it, SPELLING IT!!!

Katie, remember that time at Heather's house when we were on the same team and we DESTROYED the competition! We KICKED BUTT!

So, next time you decide to have a tournament- give me a holler. I am also pretty good at Texas Hold'em as we have standing game every Friday, we've been playing for the last 4 months... good times- maybe you'll come back with some CASH!

Have a good Turkey Day!! Gobble Gobble!

11/20/2004 6:58 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

KATIE!! come back- I need stuff to read!!!

11/26/2004 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home