Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Did you know . . . . .

Instructions: Below are listed random bits of knowledge I have gathered from afar. These are listed in peach. My personal comments about these bits are listed below in black/grey.

The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
Might I suggest we update him with a soul patch also.

The word "samba" means "to rub navels together."
Why oh why would you invent a name for this action???

There is no single word given to describe the back of the knee.
I want to invent this word – miggle, mneegle, any suggestions?

A 'Jiffy' is actually a unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
So is this more or less than an MmmBop?

On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.
Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

That’s it I’m swearing off pens and donkeys.

Elephants can't jump. Every other mammal can.
Uhh, what about the movie “White Men Can’t Jump?”

Polar bears are left handed.
I want to see a polar bear with hands. Hmm, maybe that’s were we got south paw?

The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
When exactly were the days of yore? Are they near yesteryear and way back when, or long, long ago in a land far, far, away? Come on I need specifics here.

The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.
Now why hasn’t this shown up on a CSI show yet? Hmmm, maybe they’re holding out for spring sweeps week.

I'm not myself today. Maybe I'm you.
My new t-shirt idea.

"All true wisdom is found on T-shirts."
My point exactly.

Is there another word for synonym?
My new quest as Grammar Girl.

"You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever."
So many men need this tattooed on their forehead.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
My pet peeve. Why pet anyway, why not son, or sister, or mother. And what is a peeve anyway?

Not the brightest crayon in the box, now are we?
Someone please give me an opportunity to use this, please, anyone.

Scientists say 1 out of every 4 people is crazy, check 3 friends, if they are ok, you're it.
Thank goodness I have the friends I do.

Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.
You just have to laugh at this.

Probably the saddest thing you'll ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy. Forget it little friend.
And this.



Comments, additions, deep thougts? Feel free to share.


2 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

Where did this come from? I feel so confused.

11/30/2004 3:30 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

The orange are random bits of knowledge, the grey are my comments.

11/30/2004 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home