Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Update

So I'm trying to get back in the swing of things by blogging semi-regularly. Oh yes I do remember that time in my life when I blogged uber-consistently (say 5 days a week), but those days are long gone. I guess my current job/profession/life-altering 24 hour commitment showed just how much free time I had back in the day.

So an update:

1. I'm busy. Not the oh a few too many social commitments this month type busy, but "oh my gosh my calendar has never had so many notes jotted on it busy". Just to give you a taste let me ruminate (what a good word) on my upcoming "events". Weekly I have the following:

Sunday - church (7am to 1:30pm) - gotta love the mobile church (and I do, really, don't ask me this on Sunday at 7am and you'll get a more honest answer)

Monday - my day off, but really who are we kidding it's a semi-work day and a semi-sleep in day, then at night I get the awesome opportunity to co-lead a small group of college students who shock me each week with thier vulnerability and honesty about their life with God (oh and they make fun of me for being old - but hey I'm still cool in their eyes so who cares)

Tuesday - WORK and then BSF after my weekly drive to Big D (that's Dallas for those of you not in the know)

Wednesday - WORK and then Community Group with some gals from my church

Thursday - WORK

Friday - WORK

Saturday - SLEEP, well that and anything else that pops up

Oh and then there's the upcoming BIG events in my life:

NEW BUILDING - yep, our church is in the process of buying our own building. This is super exciting and such a blessing but also means that my weekends (and who are we kidding, my weeks too) in the month of march will consist of being at the building every waking moment

NEW YORK - oh yeah, I'm heading out with my mom, my sisters, and my friend kristi to the Big Apple for 5 days of fun

And well that's about it. It's a lot and it means I'm busy but I'm hoping to jump back into blogging a bit more consistently.

So what's up with you?

5 Comments:

Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Hi, Katie! Good to hear from you!

Nothing new with me. Just life as usual! Well, except for Lent. I'm giving up a lot this year and have a short list of "improvements" I'm trying to make (eat more veggies, do yoga, etc.). I’m already missing chocolate. And French fries. Sigh. 40 days!

2/06/2008 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait. Lent already started?

On another note, OMIGOSH I'M THE SAME AS YOU KATIE. SOOOOOO MUCH AND NOT ENOUGH TIME.

If only I had about 3 more hours in each day, 3 hours during which stores were open and errands could be run, I'd be golden.

2/06/2008 10:38 PM  
Blogger TJ Wilson said...

I'm a bit jealous of the NY trip. Certainly will provide great material for your increased blogging...

2/07/2008 9:59 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Sounds all too common! Way too much to do. But at least we aren't bored are we?

2/10/2008 8:40 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

A busy life has too few moments to sit back and reflect on missed opportunities.

Have a great time in New York, though biased as I am, Boston would be better!

2/11/2008 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home