Friday, December 28, 2007

Schwoop Schwoop

In four days I leave for the white slopes of Crested Butte, CO. I'm somewhere between excited and nervous. See I've been skiing five times so you would think that I'm a fairly decent skier. And I am but it took some work to get there . . . oh about three years biding my time in ski school. I am what you call "accident prone", "clumsy", "uncoordinated", and any other adjectives to describe someone who has taken a ride DOWN the ski lift, hitched a ride with ski patrol after being stranded on the side or a run, and slid down an entire run on her bum.

Luckily the fifth time was the charm (oh I can't do it in just three, nope, that would be too predictable) and I had the best year of skiing, until the blizzard that is. See I had the perfect day of skiing our second day on the mountain: no fear, great speed and agility, I ROCKED the mountain. Then the blizzard struck before our third day of skiing and I messed up my knee going down a run with snow up to my thighs.

So I'm hoping after a 4 year break that I'll be able to pick it back up.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shall be the BEST snow bunny ever! ~C

12/28/2007 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The idea of skiing terrifies me, but I think it would be fun if I could get the hang of it. I hope you do well!

I came from "don't call me Veronica."

12/30/2007 9:22 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Of course you will! I am so jealous, I am going to try to ski with the Lashmet's in March.

1/03/2008 2:55 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Haha! You went to Crusted Butt! :P

My brother is a ski patrol junkie up in Keystone, CO. I just love how he's somehow managed to turn skiing into a post college career.

1/04/2008 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So? Did you make it back in one piece?

1/05/2008 11:57 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I'm irritated that you got snowed in. Grrrrrr. I wanna be snowed in up in the mountains!

1/07/2008 2:09 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Wow.

Texans Can Ski?

Hm.

Learn something new everyday.

1/10/2008 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home