Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Time Travelling

This weekend I saw Transformers (more than meets the eye . . . robots in disguise). As I sat in a packed theater, I realized that this was one of those moments when you are equally an adult and yet still a child. I was excited, giddy, and maybe just maybe squealing a bit (but just a bit) as Optimus Prime transformed from a Big Rig into a robot.

It was like a quick trip back to my childhood when I sat transfixed in front of the television watching a cartoon that I believed deep in my heart could be real. I wanted a car that transformed into a robot, I wanted to live in Barbie's dream house, I wanted to live with Rainbow Brite and My Little Ponies or even the Care Bears, heck I wanted to be a Real American Hero (G.I. Joe).

I'm glad I don't take myself so seriously and let the kiddo inside me come out and play every once in a while.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

Every once in a while? Puh...Lease. Haha. KT, you are always down for being a big kid. I can think back on numerous posts and actual first hand experiences. Do I need to remind you about the Yoga Ball incident at Jes' apartment?

7/11/2007 7:54 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

is Transformers the movie worth seeing?

7/11/2007 6:08 PM  
Blogger steve said...

let me take this one Katie....


GREEN, IT IS WORTH EVERY SECOND!!! I LOVED IT!!

The special effects were stupid good!
Loved it. Loved it. loved it

worth the wait.

My friend Rob and myself were both saying that if the movie sucked we would forever lose faith in movies.

LOVED IT!!

7/12/2007 9:41 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm gonna go with what Steve said.

7/12/2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hi Katie! Haven't been here in some time!

This is one movie I have no desire to see...I was never into transformers, but my younger brother was. My best friend is simply dying to see this movie...I thought it would be a "guy" thing and am surprised at the number of girls who want to see the movie too. I guess I'm just not one of them.

7/12/2007 7:08 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

By the power of Greysku-- uh, no, wait. That was He-Man.

I haven't seen The Transformers yet but I'm looking forward to it.

7/20/2007 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home