Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Home

Last night, my grandfather was called home by His Lord and Savior. He joins my grandmother who passed away three years ago and they are both now delighting in the presence of our gracious and loving God.

I rejoice that they are together again, that they are free from the trappings of this world, but mostly I rejoice that they have finished the race set before them and have heard the words "Well done my good and faithful servant." This life they lived on earth was but a vapor compared to the eternity they begin in the presence of a God who called them to Him, loved them to the point of the death of His Son, and now delights as they worship Him in His presence.
I wrote this post three years ago about the death of my grandmother and it rings so true to what my heart is feeling now with my grandfather's death. I miss them both dearly and yearn for the day I will once again be with them, as we join together at the throne of God.

Untitled

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but love your perspective.

6/20/2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

My deepest condolences for your loss. I'm glad though that he is now with his wife in heaven. What a reunion that will be!

6/20/2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Hi KT!

I was happy to come by your blog, but sad to read today's post.

I'm sorry for your loss, but rejoice that the hope that we have has been fulfilled for him.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Miss you!

P.S. I will call soon, I promise! I'm traveling again, leaving this Sat. but will check back with you.

6/20/2007 10:41 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

Ahhh... is it ironic that I come by your blog oh so rarely now, and for some reason I just felt that I needed to stop by today and encourage you... MAN, God has an amazing sense of timing, doesn't He?

I love you my friend, and I am so sorry to know that you and your family are feeling the pain of loss. I admire you for the strength and peace that you find in knowing that your Grandfather is in a better place and I pray that through this hard time the Lord continues to remind you of the wonderful man that I know your Grandfather must have been.

My prayers are with you all.
Love, Aim

6/21/2007 6:44 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Well done good and faithful servant...

Exactly what I thought

Prayers for you and family

6/22/2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

very beautifully written KT and so wonderfully on point.

6/24/2007 5:31 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I'm sorry to read this, but as Chirky said, I love your perspective because it is saturated in truth. God bless.

6/25/2007 7:28 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I'm so sorry, Katie. I'll say a prayer for him as well as you and your family.

Here's a hug from me:
{{{{{{{{Katie}}}}}}}}

6/25/2007 4:46 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but you do indeed have the right perspective. You and your family are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

6/29/2007 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home