Monday, June 04, 2007

And then I danced

In two weeks I will be running my first-ever VBS. Oh, I spent 6 years working at summer camp and worked for 6 years in a school but for some reason I'm filled with a mixture of excitement and total and utter fear over this excursion into the world of kiddo day-camp. Maybe it's because I'm in charge, me, of about 100 kiddos. Luckily our old children's director is helping (she's a pro) and we have amazing volunteers but to be honest I would feel more comfortable running a meeting, organizing a business plan, or doing anything with statistics (did I mention I'm a nerd).

The best part of all this is that I get to show off my goofy side (which usually doesn't appear in those business plan meetings I was mentioning earlier) because along with two other ladies, I'm leading our singing and worshiping time . . . on stage . . . dancing.

This of course means that for the last two weeks anytime I'm in my car I'm listening to the 13 or so songs that we'll be singing and dancing (I use this term loosely mind you) to in two weeks. The ironic part, I like them. In fact I ROCK out to them. With choreography even.

See we make up movements (the loosely termed dancing) to go with the songs because that gets the kids more involved and participating. So for the last two weeks not only have I been listening to, singing along with, and generally rocking out to the music, I've also been car-dancing with possible movements.

I know I must look like a nut to the other drivers out there on the road, and if they could hear what I'm singing to I would be more entertaining. But for the next two weeks if you see a blond doing her own choreographed show in her car give a honk cause it's probably me.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Performance Art. Sweet.

Also, I'd give my left toe (okay, not really) to see you dancing along in your car.

(Seriously: Will NOT give left toe.)

6/04/2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Oh, we'll need to see some of these previewed on Friday!!!!!!!

And rest assured I will honk and I will be like, "GO KT, GO KT!" Oh, wait, watch out KT, there's another car!!!!!! AAAAAACKKK!!

Be careful, car dancing can be dangerous.

6/05/2007 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are simply priceless my dear! As I'm partial to the Veggie Tales....I've got that image of you and them dancing together on a counter top. ~C

6/06/2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

AHAHAHA, I have danced on a counter top . . . . as a child that is.

6/06/2007 3:43 PM  
Blogger spaghettipie said...

I can't read your post without hearing an Abba theme song in the backround...you can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life...ooohhh...

6/06/2007 11:22 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

Oh, I looooove VBS! Lucky you! RR and I volunteered one year to help run VBS (I think we were in high school), and it was the best time I ever had with a group of 4-year-olds.

You are going to do a fabulous job!

6/07/2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

And, thanks spaghettipie, for getting "Dancing Queen" stuck in my head. I guess it could be worse? I don't mind the song, I'm just afraid that I'll accidentally start singing it out loud.

6/07/2007 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE VBS week. You'll be fantastic!!!!

6/08/2007 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home