Friday, May 12, 2006

Pondering

Listening:
Telecast - Building a Sorrowful Loveliness

When the morning breaks
When the evening falls
I will write Your word upon my heart, oh Lord
When the fires burn
When the rain comes down
I can feel Your grace flow through me
Without a sound

Nothing is certain, but I'm certain of You
Pull back this curtain, let Your light in this room
And all that's true, I find in You
The more I drink of Your word
The more I thirst for You

When the world dissolves
And the sun just flickers out
I will write Your word upon my heart, oh Lord
When the stars crash down
At the end of the age
I can feel Your touch
As You wipe my tears away

Building a sorrowful loveliness
Out of the darkness, out of the brokenness
Out of this furnace
I find You


Reading:
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven - -
A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.
A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.
A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to be silent and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.

What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils?

I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.

He has made everything appropriate in its time He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.

11 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Have you read Tommy's "The Problem of Life w/ God"? It's the book of Ecclesiates taken vs. by vs. (Tommy style). Eye-opening.

Thank you for sharing those powerful verses!

5/12/2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

"Nothing is certain, but I'm certain of You"

RINGS SOOOOOOO TRUE!

5/12/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

That song is deep. And that passage from Ecclesiastes so true and so meaningful. A passage I should remember and read more often.

5/12/2006 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KT, have you done Tommy's Ecclesiastes study? We're going through it in my foundations group right now, and I was thinking that I don't remember him doing Ecc when I was at DBC from 1999-2002. When did he create this study? For some reason, I think it was longer ago - not so recent-ish.

5/12/2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

It is an old study... any of you doing the Romans study in June?

5/13/2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

hi Katie, just thought I would drop by and see what you are up to. Take care, hope you and your mom have a great day today!

5/14/2006 2:49 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

"The more I drink of Your word
The more I thirst for You"

That's great!

5/15/2006 6:38 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I can't go Eddo, we'll be out of town and then coming back early for a wedding that weekend. Would have loved to go though!

5/15/2006 7:21 AM  
Blogger Nunzia said...

Amen!

5/15/2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Um, where are the pics from Game night? I expect to see some soon!!

5/15/2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

My thoughts on this one makes me think of the Ecclesiastes passage you quoted not too far back about there being a time for everything under the sun. A time to wait and a time to act. Something tells me though that if you prayerfully act, God will bring good out of it. The key word is prayerfully.

5/16/2006 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home