Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I can't

I can’t see you.

You look to this world to find Me; I am not of this world. You look for the seen, I am the unseen. Look not with your eyes, look with your heart. I am here, you can see Me when you look beyond what you expect, when you look beyond what you know, when you look with eyes that search for what is unseen, what is unknown, what is there within your heart. Lift your eyes child, lift your eyes.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18


I can’t hear you.

My voice is always there, whispering to you and sometimes shouting. My words flow throughout your mind; My teachings ingrained in you. You don’t hear because you seek answers that aren’t Mine. You don’t hear because you listen for something other than My voice. Open your heart to hear My words, listen for the soft melody of My voice. I am always speaking to you, take the time to be silent and listen. I speak to your soul, I whisper to your heart. My Holy Spirit speaks the words “I love you” to the rhythm of your heartbeat.

However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,

no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him" but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. I Corinthians 2:9-13

I can’t feel you.

My hands formed you, knit you together, and My touch has never moved from you. My arms are ever supporting you, leading you, comforting you, and sometimes holding on fast to you, lest you run away. You don’t realize that my touch is always there. You want earth shattering movement, a swift and firm squeeze, and those come at times, but My touch, My constant touch is gentle and you take it for granted. Feel with your heart; find comfort in my constant embrace. Remember, remember My hands have never left you from your creation to when I will hold you in my presence.

For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You

when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me
were written in Your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 13-16

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KT, did you write this? I'm totally going to hire myself as your manager and get you a book deal. It's just not fair that the rest of the world doesn't know about these entries.

See, Hear, Feel. So tangible. So mistakable. So perfect for how we, as Christians, so often think.

5/17/2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Amazing. Gifted. = Katie

Speechless = Me

5/17/2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

K-T, you are AMAZING.

One more verse, as I turned over my calendar....

"We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that He has already thrown open His door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand - out in the wide open spaces of God's grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise. Romans 5:2 MSG

5/17/2006 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JCol: What calendar is that? Me likey.

5/17/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Jes - It's called Promises for the Workplace. Brian got it for me several years ago, and since it doesn't have the year, I can enjoy it over and over again. It's a verse a day and it features different versions, so one day you might have one in NIV and the next day in the Message (MSG) like today. It's a small rose colored flip calendar.

5/17/2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

Even when I don't see, hear, or feel... I somehow know.

5/17/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Powerful!

5/17/2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Dude seriously: is this printable? Can I fold 'er up and put it in my purse and read it EVERY SPARE MOMENT THAT I HAVE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE?

For your FYI: you're incredible. And you're inside my brain - AGAIN!!! It's amazing how you bless me over and over again by telling me everything I already know but need to hear over and over again to sustain me and carry me through the uncertain times. (And even the certain ones! :)

5/18/2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Very well-done and apt. Apt indeed. Stunning in its aptness.

5/18/2006 6:54 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

That's wonderful, Katie! And I totally agree with Jes's first commnet!

5/18/2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

JCol: But without the year, how are the dates on the right week?

5/18/2006 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home