Monday, October 31, 2005

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Saturday night I had the opportunity to make my first ever appearance at the annual Pumpkin Blow (sorry if I just re-named the event).

There were costumes, yummy snacks, fireworks, and most of all an on-demand pumpkin explosion.

In honor of my dear friend Jessica, I mean Sydney Bristow, I present a photo-blog with captions.

Enjoy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jessica is my official make-up artist.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Erica (a medieval maiden – not a wench as Scuba kept trying to call her) and Scuba (I thought he was an IRS agent but supposedly he is The Transporter)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jeff and his wife Jessica (they just had a sweet baby).

Ha ha funny story about Jeff: We were good friends in high school (he’s a few years younger than me) and I asked him to be my date for Sadie Hawkins (as friends). When I called him to tell him we were on our way to pick him up, he asked if Scuba could come along to the dance with us. I remember being both amused and shocked and a bit offended. I guess at that time Jeff didn’t understand that a dance date meant you didn’t bring your best friend along. We still laugh about this. Gosh that story makes me look bad, maybe that explains why I don’t get asked out. Sad and yet really funny.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nicolle and Rick (doesn’t Rick look like the biggest playa with his little cheerleader girlfriend – ahahahahaha)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jessica and Roger (I love that Roger is totally trying to out-ghetto booty Jessica in this picture)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The entire party gang. Check out the cutie patootie baby in the pooh bear costume.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The ladies; we’re a good lookin bunch aren’t we? Sorry guys all the other girls are taken. Too bad for you.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We might look sweet but we’re really dangerous.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Don’t mess with these ladies, they are trained killers.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love this photo, it looks very Quentin Tarrantino-ish. I don’t know if other people understand or appreciate how much fun Jessica and I have together and how silly we can be with each other.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The guys let us ladies play with a few of the fireworks and Jessica somehow managed to set the grass on fire.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Speaking of fire, we attempted to set a pumpkin on fire but the gasoline just burned right off. But it made for a really artistic photo.

And then the best part of the evening . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sorry, guys Castpost is being difficult. As soon as I get the videos loaded I’ll post them. Check back because these vids are so worth it.

11 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

you're such a tease, KT. offering a promise of videos...

10/31/2005 11:30 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

That's it? Jessica I expected so much more out of you.

Ugh, castpost is still trying to download the video. Seriously this is absurd.

10/31/2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger steve said...

ummm I believe I was promised an exploding pumpkin???

10/31/2005 12:38 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

BLAH I hate castpost.

10/31/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

If anyone wants to come visit me in person I am happy to share with you the video of the exploding pumpkin on my camera. I promise it is well worth the trip.

10/31/2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

She tells the truth, I saw the video in church! OK, it was right before church, but it sounds better. Great pics K-T! I'm so glad that you bought a camera! I have a picture of Rick with a cigar in his mouth acting like a playa too, but it was taken in NYC. Hmmmm, must be a recurring theme. I enjoyed seeing the pics!

10/31/2005 1:01 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Fun Pics K-T!

10/31/2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Ummm... Why was I not invited to this? I was free Saturday evening - sort of!

My word ver is glemede - glemede with envy!

10/31/2005 2:24 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

KT: but how can i improve on what you've already said??

eddie! funny that you ask that, because I was thinking to myself, "how weird that we're all here, and eddie isn't." and then i imagined that you and cat were hanging out, and that made me feel not so bad.

10/31/2005 4:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

oops sorry Eddo, I knew you were hanging with Cat during the day and assumed ya'll were doing some evening events also

We so would have called you if we had known you were available, because what is a party without Eddo?

10/31/2005 4:37 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Good Save Girls! I know you love me and I am often too busy to come to all the parties anyway, but it is nice to know that you thought of me!

Side Hugs!

11/02/2005 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home