Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Too funny to not share

I’ve mentioned my “Mom Friends” or “Old Lady Friends” or “Sister Chicks” before. These are a group of moms from the school I work at that have become such a sweet group of friends/big sisters to me. They are some of the craziest and funniest women I know. One of them is Bertha (just like a big sister to me, she is famous for her ability to pee in a super big gulp while in a moving car and not ashamed to wear a felt covered jock strap in a semi-public place) another is Naclesha (a mother of SIX who is about the biggest servant I’ve ever know and can throw out the one liners like no other).

This is an event they experienced on Saturday:

Bertha and Naclesha (obviously not their real names, or maybe that wasn’t obvious to you) are all piled into Naclesha’s big ol van (it seats 15 comfortably) and are running late to their daughter’s volleyball game. They maneuver that big bus of a van into the local Sonic Drive-In and order their army’s worth of food.

While waiting for the food to be delivered Bertha begins watching the lady in the car next to her. This woman, who appeared to be about 60 or so, had ordered a corny dog and is proceeding to diligently and carefully cover the entire thing in mustard. It seems that there was no “corny” left to be seen because she was using about six packets of mustard on this thing.

So this lady finishes up her “dog decorating” and then slaps that corny dog against her face almost as if she was trying to stick it in her ear. Bertha about falls out of her seat with shock and grabs Naclesha’s arm to get her to watch this woman.

So now corny dog lady is grabbing napkins to wipe mustard off her face, out of her ear, and from her hair and Bertha and Naclesha are stuck somewhere between laughter and shock. The next thing they know corny dog lady grabs her cell phone and smacks it against her ear.

They both lose it with laughter.

So the moral of the story is this:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


DOES NOT EQUAL



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

13 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

OH.MY.GOSH! THAT IS HILARIOUS!!

And I'm just now realizing that Bertha is the same person on the jock strap (which I found out on Friday) BUT I HAD NO IDEA THAT SHE WAS THE ONE WITH THE BIG GULP!!!

PEOPLE, I KNOW THIS WOMAN!!!!! oh MY gosh.

But this other story is what caused me to bust out laughing. And complete with photos too! MAN, this is a great story!!!

10/25/2005 2:53 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

WhatEVER!!! What happened next? Did she break out in fits of psychotic laughter by herself in the car? Did she strip down to a grass skirt and proceed with a ritual tribal dance around her car?

That's just... not normal. Hilarious, but not normal.

10/25/2005 3:26 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Katie, I diligently read the other two stories before I read this post and I'm glad I did.

First of all, the pee-in-cup thing had me just rolling, and after the "crack" comment from the child, I was unable to catch my breath.

HILARIOUS! "Dog decorating" and the moral of the story.

You've topped yourself. :-)

10/25/2005 4:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm so glad that other people find humor in this post.

I just have really really crazy friends and they make great blog topics.

10/25/2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger steve said...

making fun of old people?

hmmm?

CLASSIC!! I LOVE IT!!!

10/25/2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh did I mention that Naclesha is 35 and has six kids. Hmmm who else do I know that is 35? Anyone, anyone . . . . . . hmmmm?

10/25/2005 4:23 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Not that 35 is old.

Not old at all.

Young in fact.

Very very young.

35 is the new 20 I head.

:)

10/25/2005 4:43 PM  
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

AAAAHHHHH! LOL...

That is FUNNY!
Tooooo Funny!

Found your blog off of Chad's Temperamental Spell Check.
(Temperamental blender)

10/25/2005 5:13 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

katie! that is so funny! i almost laughed OUT LOUD. instead, it just came out a snort.

snort!

i like lots of mustard covering my corn dog, too. did the corny dog stick to her face, from all the mustard, or just slide down her face and onto her lap?

10/25/2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger Brad Huston said...

That is an odd story. She smacked her head with a cell phone? Why? Just because, or was she hearing her cell phone ring and picked up the corn dog by accident? I am confused, and I'm even more confused why I care so. LOL.

Brad

10/25/2005 6:26 PM  
Blogger echotig said...

LMBO!!

10/25/2005 10:30 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I can't get reception on my Corny Dog either.

lol.

10/26/2005 7:51 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Oh, that was HILARIOUS!!

10/26/2005 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home