Friday, October 21, 2005

OH NO she has a camera

If I was a doctor and I was able to prescribe relief for a cruddy day I would always prescribe dinner and chatting with a group of crazy gals (not crazy as a technical and psychiatrical term, but crazy as in fun, wild, hilarious, and just plain good people) , and not just any gals but my gals. Just the anticipation of being with these ladies can turn your whole mood around. And last night it did.

We won’t go into the cruddy day or the downcast mood because we have fun gals to focus on.

I will admit that I committed a party foul. We had all planned on meeting between 6:30 and 7:00 and I choose to sit in my car talking on the phone for a few minutes past 6:30 (just a few minutes mind you I was still in the 30 minute window). Little did I know but my friends were impatiently waiting for my presence (because the party cannot start without me there is seems). So as I was wrapping up my phone call, I spied a crazy paparazzo (the singular of this word – I looked it up to be sure) outside my window shooting pictures like a mad woman. After closer inspection I realized it was indeed Jessica (not a paparazzi but a little bit crazy – in the fun, wild, hilarious type way).

Ok can we take a moment here to point out that I have FOUR different parenthetical insertions in that paragraph alone? I wonder if this is the way I talk and if it is, should I do hand motions to signify that I am making a parenthetical (I just like using that word, it sounds smart) insertion. Would that hand motion be my two hands cupped and held up so they looked like parenthesis?

In fact now that I am camera-equipped I will give you a photo of what I mean.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok back to last night. So we got together to celebrate the births of all those who came into this world in October, or just me and Nicolle. Cards were exchanged. It was then that Erica told Jes and me what she had written on Nicolle’s card. Something alluding to her recent trip to New York and meeting some actor from The Sopranos and how this evening might not be as exciting and crazy but that she did have Jes and Me to make it fun and wild. I take that as a compliment people. Jessica and I are so fun we should rent ourselves out to dinners and parties. For only a nominal fee you too can experience the hilarity and random conversations that Jes and I bring to any gathering of people.

Ok these were our waiters. It seems that the guy was in training (or that was just a ruse and the managers at Carabba’s knew that we needed not one but two waiters to handle a group like us).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Erica, Nicolle, and Jessica knew their names all night, I missed out on the introductions because of my party foul so I referred to them as waiter girl and waiter guy. This was not meant to be rude but we didn’t connect and trade life stories like the other gals did while they were waiting for me to walk the 10 feet from my car to the restaurant.

Conversation was good, we had some catching up to do. Nicolle shared with us her exploits in New York and Las Vegas for work. As I mentioned earlier she met some actor guy from The Sopranos and she also went to Ashley Simpson’s 21st birthday party in Vegas. Of course after this, Jessica and I had to share some of our world travels for our work because you know that I do a lot of traveling for my school (Europe, East Asia, and whatnot) and Jessica has to travel all over the world to check out the gravel companies her corporation is acquiring (who knew paralegaling could be so glamorous?).

And now we come to my favorite part of the evening. I have been known to cause a bit of mischief during the dinner prayer. Now I don’t want to appear sacrilegious here, I take prayer VERY seriously and God and I are good on this. But I have been coined the “prayer bandit” and I may strike at any time by adding things to your plate from mine during prayer. I like to think of it more as an immediate blessing of more food upon your plate, an act of service on my part. Well Jessican (I mistyped that but liked it so much I wanted to keep it. Who can? Jessican.) somehow gets the distinct pleasure of sitting next to me on many such occasions and have been the receiver of some delicious food from my plate unto hers. This night though she did not want the blessings from above so she carefully removed all things that might tempt me to strike while she prayed. In fact Jessica was in such fear of what I might do that she could not stop laughing so Erica stepped up to pray. I have found that sometimes the mere threat of something has a greater affect than the actual carrying out of such threat.

So here is a view of the table from my seat. No weapons of prayer banditness in sight.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok Jessica told you we talked about adoption and baby making. And I announced to the entire table that of all three of us I was the only one assured of not being pregnant anytime soon (they are all married). Nicolle so wisely informed me that I was also the only one who could have a miraculous virgin conception. I’m pretty sure that won’t happen though.

I will mention here that Jessica is one of my favorite conversationalists, if only because she can jump topics like a star athlete and move from something normal to something completely random. She is also very easily manipulated to go down crazy conversation road by just a hint of a subject. I will admit that I take distinct pleasure in manipulating her down this road, if only for the general entertainment of all.

So the night wasn’t too crazy, just some good girl time and catching up. We did get free dessert, hmmmm dessert, and yippee free.

Here is Erica – I LOVE HER HAIR

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is Nicolle – HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is Jessica – she had her eyes closed in EVERY shot I took of her

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then we gathered together for a group shot. Aren’t we cuties?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh and yes I do now have a camera so I am officially dangerous. And as I tried to tell Jessica last night it has five mega-PICKLES. Now I realize many of you have cameras with mega-PiXels but my camera is special and it uses piCKLes.

15 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

okay. hold up.

"I choose to sit in my car talking on the phone for a few minutes past 6:30."

1. First, you CHOSE, NOT CHOOSE.

2. A few minutes? A few minutes? YOU WERE SEATED AT 6:55 PM. I know, cause I was there. And by saying 6:55, that is GENEROUS, because i really think you got there at about 7:03 pm.

3. A gravel company? Were you saying this as a cover for me, or do you really not know what i do???

4. KT, so sadly mistaken. After we removed all the food from your hot little hands, I began to pray. With my eyes open. Which is when i saw you picking up the CAYENNE PEPPER to sprinkle on my dinner. I started laughing in the middle of my prayer, confiscated ANYTHING within your reach, and then finished praying. you really do need to get a hold of yourself. it's obvious you weren't praying along with me. READERS, PLEASE NOTE: look across the table near Erica. She has my dinner plate, plus all the condiments surrounding her place at the table, out of Katie's reach.

5. KT, I said something last night that was down that manipulation path, and I totally don't recall what it was.

10/21/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

this is a jacked up word verification:

xscqzjqklmnopqrstuvwxyz

10/21/2005 3:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

In response to Jes:

I'm holding but I don't know why you want me to hold it up.

1. I wanted to use the word choose, it makes my readers feel like they are in my head and the events I am talking about are happening in real time.

2. I swear I was in my seat by 6:50 at the LATEST. You need a new watch.

3. I know what you do but i thought your company might be buying a gravel company, ya'll buy companines, gravel sounded good, thus buying a gravel company

4. You pray with your eyes open. Jessica that is so not honoring. And I was going to sprinkle the pepper on you, not your pizza. I can't help it if you are easily distracted.

5. "wet nurses"

10/21/2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

1. Yes, but if you wanted your readers to experience it with you, you would have been discussing something that was in the present, not in the past.

2. I don't need a new watch. But I do need a new battery. I'll let you in on a secret: I wasn't wearing a watch last night. See the second sentence of this Section 2 for the reason.

3. If we ever do buy a gravel company, I'll let you know.

4. KT, Tell me you're not serious. I pray with my eyes open all the time! Perhaps I should search the scriptures for a command not to do so.

5. "wet nurses" - This comment was funny to me, and i started laughing when i read it, but i don't remember why. i just remember it was something funny from last night. do enlighten. i want to know why i'm laughing.

10/21/2005 4:05 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

JCol call your hubbie, he called me looking for you.

10/21/2005 4:43 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sounds like you all had a great time!! The pics were great too. It's good to put faces to the names/blogs. Though if I put mine up I'd scare everyone away...and I need all the readers I can get lol.

10/21/2005 6:41 PM  
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Congrats on the Camera!

I'm getting a camera-phone soon so I can start photo-blogging remotely.

10/21/2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

what beautiful parentheticals you have!
it looked like a fun time - good for you.

10/22/2005 3:44 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Awesome.

Love the mega pickels and the parenthetical.

:-)

10/22/2005 11:02 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

So Katie, when are you going to get your Blog friends to sit nicely and have someone take a sweet picture like this one.

10/23/2005 5:01 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Have fun with that camera. Mabey we should send Steve an electronic burger from JG's.

10/23/2005 5:30 PM  
Blogger Lava said...

sounds like loads of fun!

10/24/2005 8:27 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thomas, that is a very true statement. I've never for once believed my opinion is the only one that matters (ok maybe once but that was a good lesson learned). If that is portrayed here it is only in a joking manner. Somewhat ironic in fact, that a blog by some girl that most people don't even know would have an opinion that would matter to anyone.

10/24/2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Whoa! Thomas is popping up in the most unlikely of places. Scary.

10/24/2005 9:49 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Katie, is it just me, or is Blogger being a total pain in the heiny today?

10/24/2005 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home