Monday, October 03, 2005

I mean I know I look younger but gosh

Funny story:

Last night I went to a Mexican restaurant with some friends. There were three of us, a guy and two gals (me obviously being one of the gals - just in case you were in any way confused). My friend Heather and I are the same age and Greg is, well, let's just say he has a lot more wisdom in his eyes and life experience under his belt.

So Heather and Greg decided to order margaritas. So Heather orders her rita and the waiter (who was at least 5 years younger than the two of us gals) cards her. Greg orders his drink and the waiter doesn't card him (poor Greg).

I'm not a drinker, never have been, just not something I'm interested in. So I order my NON ALCOHOLIC strawberry daiquiri and he asks me for my ID, to which I quizzically respond with just a slight smile, "you need to card me for a non-alcoholic drink, exactly how young do you think I am?"

He laughed, we laughed, and I began to think I might be able to pass for a junior high student. People I'm getting old here, in fact I'm going to be MUCH MUCH more older in 9 stinkin days, I should be thankful for being mistaken for being so young. Ha, Ha, Ha.



And yes because I am such a "unique" person with a manic mind this short, humorous post will be followed, or better yet preempted, by a much more serious one in just a few hours, so don't forget to check back (pitiful plea for multiple visits).

7 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

Happy Birthday Early KT! I wanted to be the first.

And I know who you are talking about and so this post is even more fun for me... now did ya'll go to On the Border in D-Town?

10/03/2005 9:54 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks eddie, you are absolutely the first well wisher by 9 whole days.

Nope, In L-Town. The other funny thing is that the waiter asked Greg is he had twin sons (laughing right now) because there was a guy who worked at that OTB with the same last name. So not only did he think Greg was old but old enough to have sons that were old enough to work at OTB. Hahahahaha

10/03/2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

K-T, why, oh why do you plead for us to come back and read your site, knowing full well that we will, because reading your blog is a compulsion so many of us have.

Happy Early B-day K-T! Let the count-down begin.

Carded for a non-alcoholic drink. That's a new one for me.

10/03/2005 10:07 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy happy early birthday, girl! Funny stuff about being carded for a non-alcoholic drink! Who would have ever thought?

10/03/2005 11:51 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

ooh! margaritas? were you at OTB? because, OH MY GOSH, i love their margaritas!

10/03/2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I got carded for I.B.C. Root Beer at Wal-Mart once.

love that I.B.C.!

10/03/2005 3:14 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Katie-

You don't have to plead for me to make multiple visits...

You had me at Hello.

lol.

10/03/2005 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home