Friday, September 23, 2005

Short - Updated Again

My mom's side of the family have all evacuated (the Port Arthur crew - still the point of expected landfall).

My Aunt Jenny, Uncle Roy, cousin Emilee, and Grandpa are in Victoria (west of the hurricane's path) and may continue on to Corpus Christi. My uncle Barry is still staying (there are quite a few elderly couples who live in my grandfather's neighborhood that aren't leaving so I think he's staying to keep a watch on them). Please continue to pray for safety and safe travel and that all are protected from the storm.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers. It means a lot in all this that I have friends who are concerned.

Friends, if you get a chance please pray for my family as they make the exodus from the Beaumont region of Texas. It looks like that area is going to be ground zero for Rita's landfall. I believe my family is still on the road somewhere and my uncle is staying in Beaumont to ride out the hurricane. Pray for their safety and protection, as well as the same for all in that area. Thank you friends.

I posted "for real" below.

13 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

i'll pray for them, kt. are they stuck in traffic like those coming from houston? gosh. there was SO MUCH TRAFFIC on the news. i couldn't figure out why they didn't head a different direction, like further west or something.

9/23/2005 10:01 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I've just sent up a prayer for them!

9/23/2005 10:51 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Jes and Shelley.

9/23/2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Prayer delivered. How are you holding up?

9/23/2005 10:57 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Stephanie - I'm good. Just want to make sure all my family is safe and out of harms way.

9/23/2005 10:59 AM  
Blogger steve said...

SO in my prayer Katie. This IS the REAL post...

9/23/2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Prayers and safe travels sent from Asheville. Keep us updated.

9/23/2005 11:38 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Steve and EM.

I'll keep everyone updated.

9/23/2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Done.

Will continue to lift them up.

gghhgo (what you say when a hurricane is coming your way?)

9/23/2005 1:59 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Kelli - good to know.

9/23/2005 2:38 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Praying for your family, K-T.

Lots of prayer.

9/23/2005 2:52 PM  
Blogger Cav said...

I didn't talk to you about this on Sat - but please know I was lifting them up!

9/25/2005 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KT,

We are in Corpus Christi, thanks for the prayers, they worked. Our house is o.k. but one of our big oaks fell on a neighbor's house. oops! We are enjoying the beaches and ran into our neighbors (Coni and Patrick) at the beach!
More later.
Barry is leaving Beaumont Monday for Houston. It is too hot in B-town without electricity.

Love to all, and thanks for all the prayers.
Love,
Aunt Jenny
P.S. Emilee says Hi.

9/25/2005 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home