Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It really doesn't take that much (a dual blog with Just Say Jes)

Last night I ventured out into the night with one task at hand: Cobbler. Jes makes great cobbler and I needed her expertise to help me enhance my "suzy baker" skills. She imparted her wisdom to me and cobblering commenced.




Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Well what are two crazy girls to do when their waiting on the cobbler to bake?

Flipping.

Now if you don't visit Steve's blog then you must go there first to witness the true talent. Go, now, scroll down to the videos, watch, and hurry back.

Yep, we are so easily swayed and pretty much have no self control when it comes to trying a new thing. So Jessica and I gathered the proper flipping materials and set forth on our conquest to become flipping masters. Now if you know either Jes or me in person (or you feel like you've come to know us quite well through our blogs) then you know we are, well, "special". I think that the following videos will show that all too well.

Laugh, laugh some more, and then laugh again. Yes we know we are crazy, yes we know we are two of a kind, and yes we had way too much fun doing this last night.

I apologize in advance that it will take a while for the videos to load and that you may not find the same humor that Jes and I did. There are some funny moments, or you can just laugh that we spent at least an hour attempting to flip things into our mouth with not a whole lot of success. Much like a train wreck, you just have to keep watching in disbelief that we are, in fact, this "special."

ISSUES - Trying to fix the videos - your patience is appreciated.
















Also go check out Jes's site for her own special videos.

22 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

KT I want to see the video's!! They will not show at my house. My computer needs activex and I am not downloading it!
And How come I was not invited to make cobbler!!!

9/21/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger steve said...

the key is to close your mouth Katie... flip and close

gdwwub! (the Pres)

9/21/2005 11:41 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Sorry Holly, it was a last minute thing.

Steve - I'm sure there were many things wrong with my technique besides mouth closing, ha ha - you are the champion food flipper

Oh and I LOVE your word verification

J&J - they take a LONG time to load so keep trying. We made berry cobbler.

9/21/2005 11:56 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Katie- can't get them to work either. Grr! Well it looks like you girls had way too much fun!

llgmt - legitamate? That's boring...

9/21/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Cav said...

you guys are TOO funny.

maybe we should try it with spagetti this weekend.

going to go check out jes' videos.

9/21/2005 12:48 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

wait. steve. you gave KATIE the key and not ME? Hmmph!

9/21/2005 12:59 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Uhhh Jes, I think we had a few more things working against us then just closing our mouths. Watch the vids again my friend. Watch and LAUGH.

And then call me and laugh because your laugh makes me laugh.

9/21/2005 1:04 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

y'all are welcome to bring any flippin' food this weekend. I'll have the camera ready.

Flippin' food. Is that ok to say?

modcqp (mod cop)

9/21/2005 1:06 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Cav - Hmm, spagetti, with or without the sauce. I missed A LOT, so without the sauce might be the safest for all in my general vicinity.

iautnw - I ought in? hmm must be southern slang

9/21/2005 1:06 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

My carpet is cheap. It's the no-upgrade version. Still, for Brian's sanity, let's do "sans sauce". K?

Thank you,

The Management

ncqqyfdi (North Carolina Query Fendi?

9/21/2005 1:14 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh JCol - I think I might have caused some damage to Brian's sanity already.

What was his comment on Sunday night "Is that chair going to crash down?" - Poor guy, I gave him a hard time.

mpyvilth - Mop y Filth (a spanish commercial for swiffer wet?)

9/21/2005 1:16 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I think it was "That chair is going to collapse".

He's got some stories to tell you of times he's opened mouth and then inserted foot.

epgpoxs

9/21/2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

what's wrong with Jes' site? It's stuck on Index?

9/21/2005 2:15 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jes was having a short period of down time whilst she re-published her blog. Just Say Jes is not back to its regular programming. Thank you, the management.

bchsar (can't type the first thing that I read when I said these letters out loud)

9/21/2005 2:20 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks for your comment. I fixed it. You rock!

9/21/2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

rats. Is it asking too much to get to see these videos too?

uqxezvrc

9/22/2005 7:10 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Katie-

You do the "flippin' food" thing with such grace. I'm with jes though... I want to see the dry heaving thing on camera.

WHAT?? No annonymous proposal after this video...

I am disappointed.

yzzahmsk. (Bless you?)

9/22/2005 8:05 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Gracefully - Haha, much like I once gracefully bounced off an exercise ball. Yes, I am very graceful.

As far as the dry heaving - sorry that will NEVER make it on a video. Well let me take that back, it is on a video out there somewhere but NOT HERE. Sorry.

Marriage proposals - I know you would think that a talent like this would be the clincher. Gosh what's a girl gotta do?

isbdyz - I's be dizzy

9/22/2005 10:44 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

The thing that I noticed? Jes said "we're in a fight." So Deals' favorite expression has been broadcasted on the Internet. Yea! Now maybe everyone will start using it (although, as we see, the "cool" people already say it). And then I won't have any more awkward moments when I tell a classmate that we're in a fight, and she looks upset and wants to know why I'm mad at her, and I look like an idiot when I try to explain.

"No, we're not really in a fight. I'm not mad at you. It's just this thing we say. Um, because . . . we think it's funny. . . . Anyway."

ssjrotai (hmm. I got nothin').

9/22/2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

LOVED the videos. You were so talented in the first one. The second one - not so much.

I can't wait to try this. I need to go pick up some apples and marshmallows I guess.

ascozc (as cozy?)

9/22/2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Talented? JCol were we watching the same videos. But thanks for the compliment. I'll take it anytime.

trrngdg - Turn, good dog

9/22/2005 1:36 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

beyonka-

Maybe it is your flippen computer... and not the flippen videos.

lol.

9/23/2005 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home