Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sigh . . . . .

That sigh was a sigh of completion, or better yet the sigh of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I

am sitting in my office, at my desk, and on my computer. Not much else is in here, and I still have to go searching for boxes scattered throughout the school but I'M IN MY OFFICE.

Yipee.

This has been a very frustrating situation and I know I haven't handled it in the best way but it was very encouraging that I knew I had friends out there praying for me and thinking of me. Thanks to everyone for their encouraging words as the cement dried.

Our vice principal quoted this scripture to our kids today and it hit home with what my attitude should have been throughout this adventure. (I love that we quote scripture in student orientation, LOVE IT.)

"The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of disciples, That I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to listen as a disciple. The Lord GOD has opened My ear; And I was not disobedient, Nor did I turn back. "Isaiah 50:4,5

I want to wake up in the moring wiht my ear listnening to God. I want to hear Him and obey Him. Gosh, this verse probably flew right over our kids head but it knocked me in the heart.

P.S. Pray for Rebekah. (this is as much a reminder for me as it is a challenge to you).

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you have your office. :)

8/17/2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yea, K-T! It's great that you have your office/home away from home!

8/17/2005 9:40 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Funny how He speaks to you when you aren't even expecting it. Our God is cool that way.

8/17/2005 10:55 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, i love that verse. must mark it and memorize.

8/18/2005 9:16 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jes - I KNOW. How have I been missing that verse all my life. I mean DUEDE SERIOUSLY. Oh well, it's on the memory list now.

8/18/2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ben - Our God is cool like that.

8/18/2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

duede.

8/18/2005 10:24 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Swell

8/18/2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I am just so excited that you CAN have scripture read! I think that is a cool thing I like about homeschooling as well. We start with Prayer...

8/18/2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

hb

8/18/2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Actuall

8/18/2005 10:39 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Okay before you question my typing abilities I think our daughter Leah aka BUG BUG is trying to say hi!...... Truly this is all her doing!

8/18/2005 10:39 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Good morning Leah (Bug Bug) I feel honored you want to say hi.

8/18/2005 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home