Tuesday, August 16, 2005

God must have a sense of humor

Yesterday was a crazy day and I figured I had weathered the worst. How wrong I was.

As of 9:00 am this morning we have no offices, still no floors upstairs, no computer access (which means no work), no phone lines, nothing. Am I stressed? Oh yeah, but I've now moved on to the point of hilarity. Everything in the school is in boxes, we are sitting there watching cement dry, and kids come tomorrow at 8:30 am for the first day of school.

So if you get a chance I would love some prayer for my stress level and just that everything will work out in time for classes tomorrow. But if not, that I will just roll with everything and have a good attitude.

This also serves as a warning that I may be without internet access for a few days, so know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I just need the cement to dry quickly. As of right now, watching cement dry means that I get to goof off for the rest of the day (i.e. go to my parent's house and take advantage of their internet) and then I get to WORK at 10 pm.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

DRY, cement, DRY!!! Katie must be able to post!!!

Way to take it all in stride, K-T!

8/16/2005 2:50 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ah,thanks for the compliment AM but I really don't deserve it.

Work in progress, work in progress, both the office and my attitude.

8/16/2005 2:55 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

hmmm...working at 10pm? what?

8/16/2005 3:21 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Is that as fun as watching paint dry or grass grow??

:)

10 pm? Poor Katie...

Sad deal.

8/16/2005 3:24 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Hi! HI!!! HELLO!!! SMILES!!!

WOO HOO!!!

8/16/2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I'm sitting here trying to think of something witty to say... and yet my tired feeble brain can only come up with.... I hope the cement dries quickly! LONG DAY!!!!!!

8/16/2005 4:35 PM  
Blogger steve said...

better than what I had syd...

8/16/2005 5:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha thanks guys. Let's see it's 7:12 and I have no carpet in my office, my desk is in the hallway, and all my stuff is strewn throughtout the school. Looks like a long night. We'll see what happens.

Good news is that the downstairs is done. Bad news is that the classrooms upstairs are still just subflooring with left over yellow glue.

Hmmmmm do I really need to sleep tonight? Nah. Adventure time.

8/16/2005 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home