Thursday, August 18, 2005

First day of school

I got this email from my elementary principal. She received it from a mom who, with her husband, were talking to their new first grader about going to school for the first time.


Tonight Bryan and I were discussing with Ally the class principles and general expectations that she will face in this school year. Bryan asked her what the most important thing to learn this year would be, and after some thought she concluded that the most important thing to learn would be to not burp or toot while she was at school. Bryan told me later that, while those are important aspects of getting along with others, that wasn't quite the answer he was looking for.


This is one of the MANY reasons I love working with elementary kids. Also that I got more hugs this morning than I have in the last week (the hugs where they really just hug your legs or waist because that is as high as they come). LOVE IT.

10 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

awww...how cute! i wish i got those letters!

except i work with adults, and that wouldn't be very cute coming from an adult...

8/18/2005 10:42 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

but jes just think, when starting a new job it is good to learn not to burp or toot at said workplace.

8/18/2005 11:01 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

yes, but if an adult said that to me, it just would sound gross or crass. not cute like a kid.

8/18/2005 11:05 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Well, she had the basics down...

8/18/2005 11:39 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Besides that... I am sure you are just a huggable person. You are cool.

8/18/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I think I am huggable, at least I hope I am.

8/18/2005 12:25 PM  
Blogger steve said...

This is a good lesson! Why did no one ever share this with me?

8/18/2005 1:08 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh Steve, your poor classmates or co-workers.

8/18/2005 1:10 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Katie, you are very huggable.

Read it and weep, people. I had TWO GREAT BIG KATIE HUGS on Sunday, TWO!

>:)

8/18/2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger Cav said...

Kids are great!

I wrote a little about captivating....

8/18/2005 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home