Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Did you know . . .

Stole this from Steve who stole it from someone else so I'm exempt from giving original credit for it.

1. What is the geekiest part of your music collection? Ummm Milli Vanilli tape

2. What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night? Anything salty and sweet

3. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie? I’m super sensitive to hero movies: Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Gladiator all move me to tears. I’ll choke up on a guy/war movie more than a chick flick – they seem more real to me for some reason. I will say The Passion of Christ was just one long crying movie, weeping actually, I didn’t get over that for a few days

4. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done? Ugh the pain of recovery turns me off from this, also how do you know that 5 years from now you might look exactly the same as you did before?

5. Do you have a completely irrational fear? dolls, the ceramic type. I watched too many horror movies where dolls came to life and killed the children that I could not sleep soundly with them in my room staring at me as a child.

6. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments? mumbling

7. Are you a pyromaniac? Nope, I’m a tearer upper maniac, I love to tear things up into little pieces, very destructive of me

8. Do you have too many interests? Nah, actually not enoughed practiced interests

9. Do you know anyone famous? I’m related to H. Ross Perot and to Jacqueline Bouvier
Kennedy Onassis

10. Describe your bed? Big, white, with a fluffy feather bed and duvet with lots of pillows, COMFY

11. Spontaneous or planned? Both have merits, I am an equally opportunity considerer of both options

12. Who should play you in a movie about your life? Me of course, my mom says I look like Jennifer Garner with blonde hair (I don’t see it) but she could if I was unavailable

13. Do you know how to play poker? Texas Hold ‘Em is a great game and I’ve got skillz

14. What do you carry with you at all times? My watch and Burt's Bee's chapstick

15. What do you miss most about being a kid? The freedom from duties

16. Are you happy with your given name? Yep, and I’m glad my mom choose to give me my nickname of Katie instead of Kitty, could you just imagine

17. How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year? Enough to buy all the books I want to read but don’t

18. What color is your bedroom? White with red and dark brown accents, I’m a girl so I gave a girly answer

19. What was the last song you were listening to? Whatever was on the radio this morning

20. Have you ever been in a play? Yep, though my acting skills are nothing to write home about

21. Have you ever been in love? Not yet

22. Do you talk a lot? Ummmm, Of course

23. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself? Some of the time, but I also know myself enough to know my downfalls and limits

24. Do transient, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you? Weird question, I’ve never thought of them annoying me, I’ve been uncomfortable around them at times but more often than not I feel sad for them and the state they are in and I wonder how they got there and what is stopping them from changing

25. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person? Nice is such a debatable term, but yes for the most part I think I am nice

26. Do you spend more time with your girlfriend/boyfriend or your friends? Since I have no boyfriend I would say friends

27. What is your ideal marriage location? The new chapel of my church – it is beautiful but needs shutters on the windows

28. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play? Drums, drummers are soooo cool and I would want to be cool, the bass would be the second option because they are cool also

29. Favorite fabric? Super high thread count cotton or terry cloth

30. Something you love and hate? Being right

31. What kind of bedding do you use? Another weird question, sheets and a duvet comfoter (but the fan must be on high year round to create the cocoon of warmth)

33. What's the one language you want to learn? Latin – I’m such a nerd

34. How do you eat an apple? Bite into it

35. What do you order at a bar? DrPepper on the rock

36. Have you ever pierced your body parts? Ears only once in each

37. Do you have tattoos? Nope, too much pain

38. Do you drive stick? I want to learn but haven’t had the chance, or haven’t taken the time

39. What's one trait you hate in a person? Arrogance without the ability to back it up

40. What kind of watch(es) do you wear? A present from my parents when I turned 21(for a life free of alcohol and drugs for the 21 years leading up to it) and my sports watch with a velcro band for sporty activities

41. Most frivolous purchase? Most of what I own could be considered frivolous unfortunately

42. Do you consider yourself materialistic? Not too much but yes I do like things more than I probably should, the good thing is I can’t afford most of what I like so I’m more wishfully materialistic

43. What do you cook the best? Cookies (my trademark) and apache bread (thank you AMA for the recipe that is now my signature appetizer)

44. Favorite writing tool? Computer, I type so much faster than I write

45. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in? A little bit of both

46. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex? Uhhh not sure how to answer this question, I did play a male shepherd in a christmas play once and had a fake beard and mustache does that count?

47. What's one car you will never buy? A hummer, I just don’t get the point

48. What kind of books do you like to read? All, any, everything

49. If you won the lottery, what would you do? Go back to school and get a master’s and then a doctorate, and then travel, and donate a lot of it, and build my mom her dream house

50. Burial or cremation? Burial or whatever is most appropriate for my family, I’ll be in heaven so I won’t be worried about it

51. How many online journals do you read regularly? Too many and yet too few

52. What's one thing you're a sore loser at? mostly things that I feel most qualified at or better able to do than others

53. If you don't like a person, how do you show it? The freeze out

54. Do you cry in front of your friends? You betcha

55. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people? Ugh either crazy and weird or business-like and formal

56. What's one thing you like to do alone? Watch movies

57. Are you a giver or a taker? Both equally

58. When's the last time you cried? Ummm the other day I think

59. Favorite communication method? Talking

60. How many drinks before you're tipsy? No drinking but one good smack of my head into the side of a bus and I’m loopy and fall over easily

61. Do you think you're cute? I don’t think I’m small and young enough to be cute, I don’t think I got hit with the ugly stick though

62. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends? Nope, after years of working at camp I can change in front of almost all my friends (girls that is)

10 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Ahh yes... Milli Vanilli... "Girl you know it's true... ooo. ooo. ooo..."

"Both have merits, I am an equally opportunity considerer of both options" If you have to consider this... then you are not spontaneous.

"I don’t think I’m small and young enough to be cute, I don’t think I got hit with the ugly stick though"
Well put. lol.

6/29/2005 11:23 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ben the proper response is:

"Katie of course you are not ugly, why in the world would you even consider that lie to be true. Cuteness is fleating you posess and inner and outer beauty that is only topped by my beloved wife and daughter."

This my friend is what I will think you said.

6/29/2005 11:43 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Katie-

You posses an inner beauty that is absolutely wonderful. Your intelligence and witt make young men pine for you. OF COURSE you are not ugly.

With my comment, "Well Put." I meant that it is great that you realize that there are others that some might find attractive... but you can hold your own in your own right." I like how your statement sums this up... hence, well put. ;)

6/29/2005 11:49 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Any girl carrying Burts Bees and can play Texas Hold em is cute to me!

6/29/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Steve, keep talking. Actually check out this post about my card playing abilities

http://kpinion.blogspot.com/2004/11/all-in.html

6/29/2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

when i was in the 6th grade, i went to mexico. in mexico, i bought a puppet. when i came home, i hung the puppet in my bedroom. when i tried to go to sleep that night, i realized it freaked me out. then i decided to put it in my closet. from then on, i couldn't go to sleep at night if my closet door wasn't tightly shut.

therefore, i understand you fear of dolls.

and KT, you are beautiful. both inside and out.

6/29/2005 1:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ok I will admit this online but that doll my sister speaks of is mine. It was given to me by my grandmother and it is very special to me but it gives me the heebie jeebies so I leave it at my parents house to terrorize my sister. hee hee. I also have seven days of the week dolls my pawpaw gave me that are very special also but they are in a box so that thier craxy doll eyes cannot bore holes into my retinas and scare the living crap out of me when I am sleeping. One day I will give all these dolls to my future daughters and not let them watch movies with evils dolls (the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out - SCARY) so they will treasure them as being from the great grandparents. See I rationalized that fear and my resulting actions perfectly.

6/29/2005 1:31 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jes I had a puppet from mexico also and it ended up in the doll tub, in the attic, many feet and a story away from me. Those crazy dolls would have to make a major effort to come after me then.

6/29/2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks for giving us a little more understanding of the World of Katie. I never liked dolls, of any kind. Never played with Barbies, etc. I was the stuffed animal, teddy bear kind.

I hope you have a blast on your trip. I eagerly await your postings about it.

6/29/2005 2:00 PM  
Blogger steve said...

We have a girl that shows up at our Hold em tournaments and know one can read her at ALL. We played last week and I FINALLY knocked her out... she has beaten me way to many times!

6/29/2005 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home