Tuesday, March 08, 2005

and then my head exploded

I was sick yesterday. Not horrible flu-like sickness but the kind where your head feels like it may float off and your nose has turned into a snot faucet. Not a pretty picture I know but an accurate one of how I felt. Even now my head feels like it may detach itself from my body and float away. This sickness was inevitable, I had ignored the warning signs on Friday and Saturday but Saturday was a special day. I flew to Amarillo with my “Bible Study friends” and went to our other Bible Study friend’s wedding. More on that later, in fact it will get its own post. Back to my floating faucety head. I realized that flying makes me sleepy or at least causes me to yawn uncontrollably. It must be the recycled oxygen they pump in the cabin when we are above normal breathing levels. So I was yawny, tired (because I woke up first at 5:30 then at 6:00 am on a Saturday – I’m not sure I’ve seen the morning side of those times on the weekend, I’ve seen the evening sides from staying up late, or early, or whatever), and feeling more sickness as the day wore on. The sickness was nothing in comparison to the fun we had but it was lurking in the background. Then of course on the return flight my ears decided to be obnoxious (yes obnoxious ears) and not pop. So I’m starting to succumb to the sickness and my ears are building up pressure in my head and I just wanted my head to vent some of that pressure of even explode. I actually wondered if I could find a long pokey thing to stick into my ear and break the buildup of painful gasses that were suffocating my brain and squeezing my eyes out of their sockets. Alas no explosion or release of pressure occurred. It did get better when we landed and I made it safely home but I gave in to the sickness and spent Sunday and Monday in bed trying to recuperate without the assistance of a doctor. Now I’m back, a days behind in work, and suffering from a floaty head.

5 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

katie. why do you always conveniently get sick when we have a game night planned? this is a conspiracy!

3/08/2005 9:40 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh don't you worry I won't miss game night, I may bring my drippy snot faucet to share with everyone and my own super-size box of kleenex but I'll be there. Just name the place and time and I'm there to kick some Catan butt.

3/08/2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Yes, Katie, you WILL BE THERE! I am getting excited about playing SOC... and Jes, are we meeting at your house? I think we probably should so you can make us those meatballs and broccoli and if at all possible brown rice for me instead of the white stuff...

3/08/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

hey eddie. thanks for reminding me what to cook - i was just thinking last night about what i should plan on the menu!

yes, my house, 6pm? that should give us plenty of time to eat and play at least 2 games. if you want to come earlier, that's fine too - we're excited to see you guys!

3/08/2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i want to come to! no one mentioned WHAT night so i am assuming it is tuesday, june 14th, which is very convenient for me.

i will be there! at jes's house! at 6! with kabobs!

also, katie, do you know those bulb-suction things that loving mothers use to remove mucus from their baby's nose? sometimes, i think they should make an adult one. i would seriously use it. i would rather have one hidious suction then to drip all day long.

3/08/2005 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home