Monday, November 15, 2004

Sanity Lost

30+ bobby pins and one massive headache later I have survived Wedding and Fundraising Dinner mania weekend. I ponder if any future nuptials in my future will suck the energy from my lifeless body as this one has, and I was only a bridesmaid. Actually it wasn't that dramatic. It was a long weekend which magically began on a Thursday evening and ended Saturday night.

The pain, panic, and craziness was well worth it to stand with my friend Lisa and share in the joy of her wedding. This is beginning to sound like a hallmark card but it's true. In the moment of craziness I often lose sight of the reasoning behind the situation but the sight of a good friend walking down the aisle and her husband to be glowing (and I mean his pearly whites were beaming) as she floated (a trick of the eye when my petite friend has a princess gown that cleverly gives the appearance that she is not walking at all but some how gliding) down the aisle made it all worth while.

There are days when I wonder if I would make a successful event or wedding planner and each time I am in a friends wedding and end up in a stunted role of planner I think NO WAY. It has a tendency to overtake any joy and excitement as you rush from here to there making sure everything is in place and people you've never even met are asking if you know where this or that is and when this will occur and why this isn't ready, and so on and so on. These are the moments when the little white chapel in Las Vegas begins to look like a suitable alternative.

All craziness aside, the wedding was beautiful, the bride was beautiful, no major issues occurred and by the end of the day I was able to remove all of those annoying bobby pins.

I must give a shout out to Teche (please forgive the spelling) at Rizzos salon in Denton for my amazing updo. I asked her to make sure it would last from by 9am appointment to at least 10pm that night and the hair did not move an inch (and I put it through a day of craziness).

So one would wonder what I did after a wedding and fundraising dinner. Sleep, eat, and rearrange my bedroom. Even I shake my head in amazement that after three days of absolute craziness I would choose that moment to move heavy furniture and try to become an architect/interior designer.

Final thoughts: No bobby pins for at least a few months, weddings are fun but tiring therefore I think everyone involved needs a vacation afterward, and I like my room in its new arrangement

3 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

:) I like your blog. I'm glad Lisa's wedding went well - what was the fundraising dinner? You didn't mention that in the blog.

11/15/2004 3:57 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jes - I've been convicted on the length of my blogs. I realized that I must talk at the speed of light because I know I would have as much info in a conversation as in my blog when I'm telling a story. Therefore, I left out the dinner for space sake. The fundraising dinner was for Calvary. It was a neat event. I ate for two days straight and the dinner capped it off. It was a good time to remember why God brought me to Calvary.

11/16/2004 8:57 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

He brought you there to eat for two days straight? ;)

just kidding!

see, kt, this is the beauty of blogs: you can post whenever you want to, how often you want to (mucho, to appease me), and about whatever you want to. your blog is YOUR blog. who cares if it is super long? it's yours. if someone complains, tell them to get their own blog and write as short of messages as they want. :)

maybe, if you're REALLY concerned about it, you should post separate blogs for each event. now i'm curious about the calvary dinner. i require a blog on that topic. :) heehee

11/16/2004 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home