Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Feeling like a kid again

What is it about Christmas that makes me feel like a kid? The decorations, smells (cookies, pine needles, and log fires), weather (cold and if you're lucky SNOW), friends and family, traditions? Maybe it's a little bit of everything all wrapped up in a present at the foot of the tree that makes me feel like I'm 5 in fuzzy footed pajamas with a mug of hot chocolate.

Last night "A Charlie Brown Christmas" was on TV and I had to stop and watch it and let myself become a child again. I love Charlie Brown, that poor kid who can't seem to get things right the first go round but has a heart too big for his yellow and brown sweater. I also love this cartoon because it so simply sets the stage for the Christmas holiday season. Even the kids of Peanuts get sucked into the commercialization of this holiday until one little tree that was headed for the chipper gets given a chance and Linus (oh sweet Linus) reminds everyone what the holiday is supposed to be about.

So watch and enjoy and join me with your cup of hot cocoa and your footed pajamas and take in the wonders of the season as you remember that's it's not about the sights and sounds but about something greater, bigger, and a promise that we're all waiting to see fulfilled.


I found this video on another blog, and unfortunately I closed the window before getting the address so I could properly give credit to the man who made this. So this is a thank you to Mr. Dixon for putting together this little video.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are doing "A Charlie Brown Christmas" at school this year. I do love the story, but now I think I'm going to have to block CB from my memory for a bit. Hope all is well!

12/09/2008 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait: You have footed pajamas?

12/12/2008 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home