Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympics

Since the 12 hour time difference between China and Texas has led to many a late nights watching the Olympics I've had some time to ponder what event I would be able to compete in if I had a chance at a slot on the Olympic team.

Running is most definitely out. I'm more of a turtle than a hare.
Swimming is probably a no-go since I never learned how to breath and swim at the same time.
Gymnastics has no chance since balance is my mortal weakness.

Hmmm what does this leave? Weightlifting - nope, fencing - good idea but not sure I have the skills, maybe I need to look at the more non-famous sports.

I found it! Yep, I know what I will try out for next Olympic go-round. I would be perfect as the person that yells out "STROKE" in the crew competitions. I'm loud, I can keep tempo, and it requires really only those two things.

So in four or maybe 8 years, I might have a medal in hand for being the best yeller to keep time there is in the world.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm so glad you figured this out as I have been contemplating the same thing. I might have to compete against you to give you a run for the gold.

8/15/2008 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could AT LEAST win a medal for yelling.

is there a spot on the team for someone to yell back?

8/15/2008 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That person is called... a coxswain.

cox·swain n. 2. A person in a racing shell who usually directs the rest of the crew.

Don't even ask how I knew. Just don't.

8/17/2008 9:50 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

If I could be good at something, Decathalon I think... because it's so well-rounded.

That, and because swimming required funny hair cuts and small shorts.

8/21/2008 1:43 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Hahaha! That is perfect KT, even though I could actually see you as a fencer!

8/27/2008 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home