Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nature or Nurture?

In my case . . . . BOTH!

My mom is throwing a wedding shower for her best friend's daughter and I am the go-to expert. This expertise is assumed by my mom because as she says, "You're young and always going to parties, so you know more than me." By the way, I've been waiting my whole life to hear my mom say "you know more than me", though I wasn't imagining it to be in relation to showers.

Last night on the phone, she mentioned an email she had sent me with some information on invitations. Then she commented "You'll probably blog about me after you read it." With a comment like that, how could I not?

So today after reading the email, this line stuck out to me "since I'm quite anal and long winded - you might want to print this email (sorry about that)!" Ha, if you know me than you know that sentence is pretty much a great description of me too.

So if there is ever any question . . . . I am my mother's daughter.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Katie. There was never any question.

(I mean that as a compliment, of course. Your mom is as precious as they come!)

7/22/2008 12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it when mom asks for advice!!!!

:-)

7/26/2008 7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes you feel great, doesn't it? It's an ego boost :)

7/27/2008 2:40 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Cute. And true.

7/30/2008 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home