Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Now that would be funny

Saturday night I went to the wedding of a life-long friend. We've known each other since elementary school, grew up together, worked at summer camp together, lived together, and have memories to fill pages upon pages. It was a beautiful evening filled with tons of friends from different parts of her life (which just happen to be different parts of my life too - lucky).

At her reception she had this amazing indoor tent made of fabric with a crystal chandelier hanging from the center. As the bride and groom took their first dance inside the tent one of my friends sitting with me commented how beautiful it was and I replied that I especially liked the chandelier.

At this moment my dear friend Roger (husband of one Jes of Chirky) exhibited his ability to execute perfect timing coupled with the perfect statement by making this comment:

"Yes, Katie but at your wedding it will be a crystal encrusted saddle hanging over you for your first dance."

At that point we all lost it and Roger sat with a simple grin on his face.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That WAS funny. I'm still giggling about it, and I'm not quite sure why.

5/15/2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Do you like horses or something? I don't get it.

5/15/2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

haha. I wish I would have sat at your table! That Roger, every now and then he says something so hilarious! I love it!

5/16/2007 1:47 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

Giddyap!

5/16/2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Yeah, why a saddle? Explain.

And I FINALLY answered your questions...(Remember, WAY back when, you sent me some?) Those little boogers were HARD! (um, meaning, of course, the questions...)

5/17/2007 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home