Friday, April 20, 2007

Interview

Jes over at Chirky is participating in a little interview adventure. She thought really long and hard to give me the following questions of information that obviously she doens't know about me (although we were roommates - TWICE). And so I thought long and hard and then just decided to type whatever came to my mind.

And away we go:


You must move to either Bombay or Helsinki. Which one and why?
Well to make such a big decision as this I of course had to do some research.

By the way, if we want to be technical Bombay is now known as Mumbai (didn't know that but thank you Wikipedia). After reading a bit about it, there are a few turnoffs for me - pretty severe factions at war with each other resulting in terroristic attacks, two seasons: humid and dry, lots and lots of people, 13 million in the city alone to be exact.

Ok, after some reading (again thank you Wikipedia), Helsinki wins hands down. Mild climate, hey I live in Texas but I actually like the cold, amazing architecture and geography, not too many people (just a little over 1 million in the city and surruounding area), I might actually be able to pick up the language and look like I belong there (remember I'm pale and blonde and kind of nordic looking), amazing cultural areas and BEACHES, lots and lots of beaches (wheee), and the economy seems pretty good (gosh I'm a nerd) and they have a tendency to hire non-Finns (although give me a few months to pick up the language and lose my southern drawl and I would pass for a Finn).

So Helsinki it would be. In fact part of me wants to add it to the list of places I want to visit one day.

What is your favorite state fair-type food?
For all of you non-Texans, let me start by explaining that the State Fair is a major event for us down here. There are rides, exhibits, but the biggest draw is the FOOD (well that and the Texas/OU game played on the fair grounds). If you watch a newscast around fair time, they are always talking about the food and what is being deep fried this year.

Jes so wisely asked about "state fair-type" food since you don't want to exclude anything that might be thought of by the crazy minds that seach for more things to deep fry.

I'm a simple girl really. Oh, I like my fried foods (in general that is) but I would lean more toward a corny dog with mustard, ice cold Dr. Pepper, and a big ice cream cone than say a deep fried twinkie.

Do you have a secret talent?
Yes, but if I share it here than would it be a secret anymore? No I don't think so. Therefore I will share my non-secret talents. I am a good faller. Now you might not count this as a talent but I do because will all my falling experience I have yet to break a single bone in my body - that is talent my friends.

But if you are looking for more of a talent that you would see on stage somewhere than alas I am saddly lacking in that area. I can recall random facts that offer little to no value at any given moment thereby filling the suckage of dead air in a conversation gone bad. That is a talent but it really isn't stage worthy.

Hmmmm maybe I need to go learn a talent, or are you just born with talent, darn I need some talent here people. Suggestions?

What is your #1 favorite movie of all time?
I've already complained to Jes about this question as I find it rather limiting and unfair. There are so many genres of movies that to limit them to just one movie is painful. So I thumb my nose at this whole idea of giving only one answer and will give you my categories:
  • Chick Flick: Pride and Prejudice (long or short version will suffice)
  • Manly Movie: Braveheart (something about fighting for freedom, honor, and truth gets me, that and I can handle pretty much any war-type flick without screaming or cringing)
  • Suspense: The Village (I realize most people hated this movie but I liked the story and what it said about separating yourself from the world)
  • Childhood Favorite: The Secret of Nimh (love this movie, love it)
  • Epics: Lord of the Rings Trilogy (go ahead call me a nerd, but I saw each movie on opening night and own both the theatrical and extended editions, I love this story, L.O.V.E. it and need to set aside a day to watch them all back to back)
  • Can watch over and over again: Princess Bride (If pressed to pick an ultimate favorite this would probably be it. If you can watch a movie over and over again and enjoy it just the same if not more each successive time it should be your favorite. I've probably memorized this entire movie (more because in college one day at work I was bored and read through the screenplay).

So there you go my movie list.

What's your most irrational fear?

Irrational fear? I guess I should ask if any of my fears are actually rational? Or better yet do I actually have fears? I mean there are things that I generally don't like, soggy bread, snakes, spiders, but do I fear these? And then I wonder if there is anything that would just paralyze me with fear if I encountered it. So I might have to think about this one a bit more, because right now I'm coming up with a big blank. I have worries and dislikes but nothing so huge and overwhelming that I would call it a fear.

Ok so now for the rest of the game.

  1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” [Or you could say something about my charming wit, beautiful hair, etc.] <--Y'all. Am lame. I literally copied and pasted this section from Whoorl's site, and didn't even notice this sentence until someone left a comment about my great hair and I was all, "What? How do they know? It's totally true, though." Am leaving it up in case any one else wants to participate in the flattery. Shameful, I know. Now the stuff in Pink is a direct quote from Jes but Iwant to include it just in case you want to say something about my hair. Ha, we're both fishing for hair compliments.
  2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
  3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
  4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
  5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. You should totally add Helsinki to your list, Katie! It's on my list, that's for sure.

2. Corndog, lemonade and ice cream would be my number one, too!

3. You are a very good faller, it's true.

4. I need to return the long version of P&P to you!

5. Soggy bread. I am so right there with you.

4/20/2007 2:06 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

A deep fried Twinkie... that's a new one for me.

Now... remind me again why health care is so expensive in our country?

4/23/2007 3:22 AM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Interview me.

Else my blog will sink into oblivion...

4/23/2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

This all sounds like a lot of work to me... so I don't want you to ask me anyquestions...

I did know that Bombay is now Mumbai... because I have been there... and you don't want to live there. I would choose Helsinki hands down and until 5 minutes ago... I knew nothing about the city. Mumbai is THAT dirty.

Also; Nice Hair.

4/23/2007 1:12 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

came across your site and thought it was cool. do you have to know me to interview me? i liked the movie picks, by the way. good job, very well done.

4/28/2007 11:17 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

interview me, if you will

5/03/2007 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home