Thursday, October 19, 2006

Where everybody knows your name . . .

Or that you order a grande non-fat, no-whip mocha.

Sunday morning I made my scheduled stop at Starbucks (yes I give money to the entitiy that will soon take over the world and I'm ok with that because they give me legal addictive substances that warm my insides and wake me up in the morning) for my regular coffee order (if by coffee you mean a swanky milk filled frothy substance with a hint of chocolate, hmmmmm).

As I approached the counter ready to give my drink request in the proper order (because I read though the nifty guide pamplet they had a while back, yes they did have one of these giving you suggestions on how to place your order, yes I did read it - I even took it home with me, and yes I still order in this fashion, don't judge me I like to do things the correct way) the guy behind the counter amazed me by saying my order before I could. Now I'm sure that my reaction was a bit on the "crazy" side, because I clapped my hands and said with probably a bit too much enthusiasm that I had always wanted to be a regular and have the coffee guy (barista if you must) know my order before I said it. He smiled the smile of someone who thinks the person in front of them is just a tad bit crazy and mentioned that I looked familiar. I took that moment to amp up the crazy factor by telling him I remembered him when he worked in the kiosk across the street at the grocery store. He smiled again and promptly forgot my order for all future visits.

But I left with a special warmth in my heart because I had become a REGULAR. Now if only they would play my personal theme song when I entered the store that would just really push me over the "I can't believe this is my life" moment of joy.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to laugh....a certain boy I know (date) has driven a particular jeep around town and has had women especially ask....hey, isn't that your girlfriends?? As if to imply he would try to hit on them with another girls jeep....and yes, the coffee chica's know my order too. It's hard to talk some mornings isnt' it? ~C

10/19/2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I think I should like to have a personal theme song that played whenever I entered a room.

10/20/2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Awww! Too fun K-T! I've only been to YOUR Starbucks maybe 3 times, so they don't know me from Adam. Well, maybe they do, since they probably know one Adam AND what he drinks. oh well.

fnaak - finatic?

10/20/2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger Lorie said...

I think I should like to know what your personal theme song would be.

And Gilles'.

10/20/2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger steve said...

You are losing it girl... losing it

the scary thing is being to invision your exact reaction.

10/20/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Lorie - GREAT question. I think my theme song would be much like the score of a movie, at once a sweeping orchestra laden number where you are moved to tears and then a kicky bass beat would pop up that makes you just want to dance, and it would finish out with a lovely melody that slowly diminishes as I exit the door. At least that is what I hear in my head when i think of a theme song.

10/20/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Ya know if you were in town you would replace harbux with a nice local place called Sunergos! Its even better. It has the best Latte in town period!

But as far as the theme song...I think yours should be to the tune of an 80 hairband!

10/20/2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

That sounds like a fun visit. I like it when people take joy in the simple or smaller things of life. It's the small things that makes life go round.

10/21/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

i told ben that Tv was from the devil, but now I have to wonder if it is Starbucks, hmm maybe room in the brain of the prince of darkness for two plans to ruin man??? hmmmm

10/21/2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

Sounds like he's stalking you, actually.

10/22/2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

You own crazy.

10/25/2006 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home