Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Multiple choice?

Tony over at Don't call me Veronica posted about two questions that he's been "hmmmming" about.

"How do you know that?"
and
"Why do you think you're here?"

As I looked at the questions I found myself struggling to come up with answers. And then I realized that the questions took on a whole new meaning if you flipped them.

"Why do you think you're here?"
"How do you know that?"

I remember in school I liked essay tests much more than multiple choice because I got to "argue" my answer and reason out why what I thought to be correct might in fact be so. But with these two questions I think I would rather have the multiple choice option.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

I'm here because God created me.

I know it because the Bible tells me so.

9/05/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I loved essay tests because even if I didn't know much what the test was about, I could write, write, write like crazy and usually come up with something at least mildly entertaining for the teacher.

9/05/2006 11:53 AM  
Blogger steve said...

i think it envolves music and video games...

gut feeling

9/05/2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I'm here because I work here.

I know that because I'm here all the time and they pay me.

I, too, loved essay questions. I'm dyslexic, and have always had a problem distinguishing "b" from "d" in multiple choice questions. Essays questions allowed me to avoid that problem altogether (which was nice). I just feel sorry for whoever had to read the finished product (spelling and "handwriting" not so much my fortes, either).

9/05/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

You know, I think I like the second ordering of the questions over the first ordering. Ultimately both faith and experience is involved in all knowledge.

9/05/2006 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know he was asking about life? I thought he meant his questions in relation to why you were at his website.

9/06/2006 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home