Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Putting the "ick" back in sick

Ugh, I'm sick.

The can barely move off the couch for fear that I will make it three steps and then wish I had one of those stupid "I've fallen and I can't get up" buttons where I would summon help to pick me up off the floor kind of sick.

I've caught my good friend . . . . THE STREP. See the strep and I have a lifelong friendship, he shows up in my life about once a year for a fun-filled party for him. No partying for me.

So I'm on a mission right now to secure the little pills that will send the strep packing for another year or so and had to wait 30 minutes for the lady behind the counter to count out 20 little pills. I offered to help but she turned me down. Doesn't she realize that her pill to minute ratio is pretty sad, no gold medal for her in the pharmacists olympics.

Ok now that I've rambled on in my sick-induced state of idiocy, I will bid you farewell as I leave to pick up my magic pills and crawl back under the covers.

12 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Wait. Did I miss something? You have internet access (and computer) at home?

Feel better soon K-T!

Need some chicken noodle soup?

8/23/2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Strep is no fun.

8/23/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Feel Betta!!!

Prayers for you and Mr Strep

8/23/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Get well soon! Lots of rest!

8/23/2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Katie, I hope you feel much better soon and the strep takes a hike far far away!

8/24/2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

:( your site name change has screwed up my RSS feed. For some reason when I try and subscribe to the feed on your new site it feeds to the .blogspot address.

8/24/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I fear strep.

If you get it that often, perhaps you should consider having your tonsils removed.

8/24/2006 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah. I'm glad you're not around me.

Just sayin'.

8/24/2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

feel better sweet katie!

8/24/2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I am with Jes... hack all over the place... as long as it is a few states away in your own home... no where close to me.

;)

8/25/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hope you are feeling better by now Katie!!

8/27/2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

are you better yet? Missed you last night!

8/28/2006 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home