Thursday, April 20, 2006

Met by grace

In the garden, hiding with shame, eyes opened for the first time to a world outside of perfection.

God’s grace met them.


Under the oppression of slavery, hated by all those around them, they are scared, fleeing as the waters stand on edge, hovering, waiting to collapse.

God’s grace met them.


A forsaken race, a forsaken woman, living in lies, she came for water and sought to find life.

God’s grace met her.


A favored friend, passionate, dedicated, but when the moment came he faltered and denied, now he falls ashamed, feeling like he has squandered his service.

God’s grace met him.



A simple girl covered in muck. The sin won’t wash away. Longing for love; looking for acceptance. She knows she will never be able to stand before Him clean.

His standard is holiness. His justice is righteous. Perfection is all He can allow, to not do so is to forsake who He is.

She tries to clean herself. She tries to seek penance for her life. And yet the grime holds fast. Once there, it cannot be washed away by any means of her own hands. She realizes she is at a loss to offer anything of value, to even be able to approach Him.

His love is true; greater than any can possess. For His creation is precious to Him. His mercy is whole. His forgiveness is complete. His hatred is for the grime, not the hands that are covered with it.

She cannot attain His holiness, He cannot bend His standard. And so she stands at a chasm. The depth of the division is beyond their natures, her of sin and His of righteousness. She cannot move, she cannot act, trapped in the muck of her sin. But born from His love and satisfying His righteousness comes forth the answer.

He, alone, overcomes the chasm.

God’s grace meets her.

17 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

I like this one (not that I dont like the others) He does always meet us.. I guess we have to keep our heads up to see Him

4/20/2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Absolutely beautiful! Beautiful thought, beautiful words, beautiful Savior.

4/20/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

This really hit home for me - particularily today.

Thank you for yet again, rummaging around in my brain and verbalizing what's exactly on my heart at this very moment.

You are very gifted with words, my friend. I loved it!

4/20/2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I guess it's okay. ;)

God's grace meets us. So obvious... yet I forget.

What page number will this be found on in the devotional book you are writing? :)

4/20/2006 1:47 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

"His hatred is for the grime, not the hands that are covered with it."

Wow. I like it!

4/20/2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

thanks everyone, i will admit I didn't spend a lot of time on this, really I read the sentence "God's grace met her" in some notes from a Bible study and was really struck by that idea. This just came from that. So if you are touched by it then give props to God and His grace who meets you.

4/20/2006 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this sounds like a song. i volunteer steve to set it to music.

4/20/2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I second Jes's motion.

4/20/2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

ah yes well you may need to inform musical savant steve of your request

4/20/2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger steve said...

I am on it!!! SONG TIME!!

4/20/2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger steve said...

CHORUS:

And Your Grace meets me
as I stand once again to face myself
And Your grace meets me
no matter what pain I have felt
All of this sin I have
that wont come clean
is washed away in that moment
That God's grace meets me

4/20/2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

speechless

really

there is no way that i could even begin to create what you just did in those few minutes

GIFTED

can't wait to see the rest of it

4/20/2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Steve, I love that chorus you created from Katie's writing.

4/20/2006 6:48 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Just Emailed you the song Katie....


The Lyrics:

Sometimes I find myself hanging over the edge of this life
Not knowing at all just where I should go
and sometimes i feel like everyone around thinks that I'm so high
when the truth is Ive never felt so low
The reality of the situation at hand is this
the moods that I have been in lately are just a little bit hit and miss
and there is only one thing in this life I know

And Your Grace meets me
as I stand once again to face myself
And Your grace meets me
no matter what pain I have felt
All of this sin I have
that wont come clean
is washed away in that moment
That God's grace meets me

I've been lucky in life and hopeful in love but never both at the same time
been down in the mud feeling dirty and unclean
been lifted by friends and dropped once again dont they see the hell that I am in
sometines a smile just isnt what it seems
you see i can cry on thephone or cry all alone but the answer for this cancer is high above on His throne

And Your Grace meets me
as I stand once again to face myself
And Your grace meets me
no matter what pain I have felt
All of this sin I have
that wont come clean
is washed away in that moment
That God's grace meets me



Thanks for a good inspiration KT!! I love when songs just flow like that!!

WHY???

BECAUSE GOD IS GOOD!!!

4/20/2006 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was amazing...the blog...the song...just awesome - you two.

4/20/2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Wow Katie, the way this is worded; I can actually see God's grace in my minds eye. Wow.

4/21/2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Oh Katie. SO awesome. Thank you.

4/23/2006 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home