Wednesday, March 15, 2006

So I was thinking . . .

and this was more of the day to day generally speaking thinking (although all my other thinking occurs during the day and is fairly general in regards to me though I don't think I am very general in regards to what is normal, although normal is defined by a set standard of what is expected or regarded as the majority and well who defines normal anyway, is it some guy sitting in a white lab coat somewhere or is it defined loosely by the majority, and if so then the majority seems to always be changing so normal would always be changing and I would think that something as important as the state of normalness should be an exact thing, because then well I define myself as normal and all the rest of you as abnormal and really who can argue with me, ok now that I've lost you all let me get back to what I was saying)

Uhhh, wait what was I saying?

Oh yes, now I remember.

Really I am a confusing person, not by design but just by nature. That's ok, if you stick around you figure out how to interpret what I say into normal conversation and I end up being quite entertaining. For example I have a tendency to string together words that are quite different and make them into one concise thought. Often I will say the phrase "yeah . . . . no" or "no . . . . yeah" and continue on with what I was saying, not really alerting the listener whether I am agreeing or disagreeing. In fact I think of this phrase as more of a transition in my thinking, or actually I guess I use it to buy time as I think and have no words to say in that moment, so a quick waffling of whether I agree or disagree allows me to get about three sentences ahead in the conversation in those few precious seconds when I am uttering the "yeah . . . . no" phrase (and mind you the " . . . . " actually denotes a few seconds of dead air as I seem to ponder my agreement, when in fact I am thinking of other things). See you never knew that having a conversation with me would require a dictionary, road map, and maybe just maybe a medical textbook.

Ha, Ha, Ha, if any of you have every experienced the above in conversation with me than I applaud you and thank you for continuing to be my friend. I am a bit "odd" at times but really without the oddity I think I would be rather boring and no one likes boring but many people enjoy oddity if just for the entertainment.

So I got an iPod (anyone know why the "i" is lowercase while the "P" is uppercase?) for Christmas, a nice shiny black one that plays video. It is so trendy and cool and makes me feel like I am part of the new generation of trendy people. In fact I felt like as soon as I got my iPod I might become a shadow image with colorful backgrounds and begin dancing (OR roller skating - because I really like to roller skate and I am so entranced by the new roller skating/dancing phenomenon - although when I was in sixth grade and the cool hangout on Friday nights was the roller rink and there was this one older guy who would wear coaching shorts (which by the way are a fashion faux pas in my mind, on the ball field let alone in real life) and would roller-dance we thought it was pretty weird - but really I want to rent the movie Roll Bounce so that I can pick up some cool roller dance moves and then put on my iPod and suddenly turn into a shadow dancer and they would make commercials about me.

So my trendy cool new iPod has sat so patiently in its little black case waiting for me to play with it. The problem is that an iPod takes a lot of startup work. I want it to come with all the best music that I will ever want to listen to already downloaded and set up. But try as I might this iPod can do a lot of things, yet suddenly appearing with all the best music magically downloaded is not one of them. So today I spent a few hours downloading the CDs I carry in my car (the must listens) and I'm thinking I will end up with about 500 songs. Then there are the every-so-often listen to CDs at home and that will probably be another 500 (maybe more though because I am not ashamed to admit that I own the Garth Brooks Box Set - I was in high school, and well I live in Texas people, country music is a requirement, much like taxes, although I don't know if I've listened to a whole lot of country music since high school but you never know when Garth Brooks might be needed and I will have him stored away in my trust iPod).

The scary thing now is that there is a whole new world opened to me by the way of iTunes (again with the lower case "i"). This might be too much for me to handle, every song ever written there at my fingertips, for only $.99, I mean how will I be able to pass up such great wonders as "Puff the Magic Dragon", or "Ice Ice Baby", or "MmmmmBop", or many many more. And I CAN, I have them all there available to me.

(Quick break in programming to bring you this up to the minute announcement, I have a small bit of happiness and joy that the CD I am currently downloading is labeled by the genre METAL – oh I may own some Garth Brooks but I also own METAL, I’m banging my head at the moment and the blonde hair is flying (jes, roger, eddie, you’ve seen this in person so you can picture it clearly) ahhhh the joys of having an eclectic music collection)

So all the above was really just random typing as I wait for all my CDs to download, aren’t you glad you stopped by to witness the randomness that is my mind.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can this be...almost 5 1/2 hours after a kpinion post and there are no comments! I'm in shock! I enjoyed and even followed your random thoughts. I'm impressed you have taken on the iPod because I still can't even maneuver a DVD player...

ctbuss - I wonder if that's a Greyhound in the feline world?

3/15/2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

ooooooh. *I* want an iPod. I think the i is little because it's an upside down exclamation point (as in Spanish language)? Or perhaps it's because "i" am nothing compared to the mighty Pod.

3/16/2006 7:01 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I have not stepped over and ventured into the world that is iPod yet, but I'm sure I'll be there soon enough!

Oh, and why is it that my head feels like it is spinning in circles after reading this post?? =)

3/16/2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger steve said...

that was the longest run-on sentence EVER!!

3/16/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

HA HA HA. Yes, K-T, you are still my friend even if you did pull the whole "no.....yeah" or was it "yeah....no"(?) thing on the phone on Sat. night.

"No meaning yes?" Colonel Mustard you are!

I'm excited for you about your new toy. You got it for Christmas?? And you're just now hooking it up? Something tells me that Eddo is going to pass you up on the download thing. Can you point them at each other and get the songs like you can some PDA's? That would be nice!

And when are we going to go roller skating???? We MUST!

3/16/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love this post. If not for the opening paragraph, then for the fact that it's random typing while you're waiting for your iTunes to download.

I don't have and iPod, but I do get music from iTunes. My sis warned me about it because when she first started with it, she downloaded 300 and had a MASSIVE cc bill before she realized that she should only download tunes she ABSOLUTELY NEEDED!!!

:-)

Have a great day!!!!

3/16/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

you are sooooo funny...

ps. ROLLER DANCING! HAHAH

pss. love my iPod! It's my best bud. Don't know if I could jog without it.

psss. ROCK ON BLONDIE!

3/16/2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I also got an iPod for Christmas. I love the stupid thing, and I love iTunes even more. I mean, really...I can download almost anything I want to listen to without ever having to go to the CD store again! Brilliant!

The best thing is that I can now download all the music that I never would have bought before (ditto Hanson and Vanilla Ice)! Yey! What did I ever do without one?!

3/16/2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

First off to comment back to Anon - I think blogger was down quite a bit yesterday OR the complete lack of any sense of reality in this post so intimidated people that they just could not bring themselves to comment, or they quickly moved on after the first line (I hope it was the first reason myself)

Saur - GET ONE

Kristi - don't worry my head was spinning after I wrote it, not sure if that is a good thing though

Steve - EVER, in all of history, really? Wow, I feel so . . . . special

JCol - yes you have experienced the craziness that is conversation with me, I am grateful that you continue to partake of such conversation, hmmm shooting songs to each other, that would be AMAZING and yet I don't think it is possible, SAD

Jay - thanks girl for encouraging my randomness, and yes iTunes will unfortunately gets lots of my pennies

Aim - BLONDIE now there is a band I need to download songs for, thanks girl

Deals - I KNOW, it is absurd that I can now own music that might be seen as a bit "off" but to me is sheer musical genius

3/16/2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home