Monday, March 13, 2006

Free form

I laugh when I think of who I am. Really I laugh, because who but me knows who I am? Noone really. I love my family and friends but they don't know all of me, they don't see all of me. Really noone sees all of me. There are different parts of my personality that come out depending on the situation, some of these are natural and some are orchestrated by me because I want to appear a certain way in front of certain people. And while I might marvel at the different takes that people have depending on the situation they know me from, I am reminded that there is one who knows me completely, and more than anyone other than me ever will. And while I laugh at the randomness that is Katie, and I might question the unknown future that I will soon be a part of, I am comforted that the one who controls it, who sets my path before me, is the same one who created me, who has seen every part of my life, who has heard every word of my mouth, and who even hears the unspoken thoughts and cries. This is the one who directs me, who lays before me my future, who knows the roads I will travel and steps I will take, the stumbles that will occur, and the moments of joy that I will experience. There is trust in the unknown when you know the One who made you, and know the One who set you on this path, and you know the One who has seen the future and knows the end of the story. So I set my eyes on Him, not on the unknown road ahead of me, not on the question marks that cloud the future, but on Him who made me, who loves me, and who holds my hand as I walk a path that He knows. I guess I forget that He created me, He knows who I am, and He has seen who I will become and where I will go. Yep, so that is my free form thinking. Have a great day everyone.

12 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

But we do know the one that types out the fantastic posts on what we call "K-pinion. The ridiculously-shiny haired, but not pigment-blessed one that is K-T.

Waiting to see what He has in store for you, my friend.

3/13/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Did she just say Not-pigment blessed???

3/13/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Very comforting it is to know that He is in control of our lives if we let Him.

Thanks for the reminder of who is driving this boat.

3/13/2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

ohhhhh good stuff...

3/13/2006 6:45 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Amen!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this Katie. You rock.

3/13/2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Nobody knows anybody around here... lol.

;)

3/14/2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

We would know you better Ben McMinn if you came down to Texas!

3/14/2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Am I going to have to personally send you some links to book publishing sites, or what? You know what I think about your writing! =) Even the free form is awesome. Good post!

3/14/2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Katie. I have a different situation. I can't hide any part of me from my wife. She knows way more than she ought to.

This actually only make me look at my relationship with God even more. My wife knows me better than I know myself and my God knows me better than my wife does.

Secrets don't work for me anymore. The strange thing is, I am being totally honest about this. The good thing is they both keep confidences well.

3/14/2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

BWH, I thought about that actually, that besides God your spouse is the one who would know you the best, makes perfect sense, and I think that is how it is supposed to be

3/14/2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Mark D said...

Amen to that!

I found it funny the impressions people get just from a picture on a blog. I didn't have a pic for a while, and when I posted the one with me in a suit, people were surprised (I guess I hadn't come across in my writing as being boring and stiff, but the picture sure begged to differ). Now the pic that is on there can give people the impression that I'm just a goofball. One of these days I'll find a pic that is a comfortable balance.

3/14/2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

It is nice. I love her.

I had no idea that it would make me more honest with God. It does.

3/14/2006 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home