Friday, March 10, 2006

Sick and Quiet

It was inevitable. I work at a school with germ infested munchkins. Really I think a school is the perfect breeding ground for any new viral strains that can be used in germ warfare. Hmmmmm, I bet that last sentence is going to get me lots of visits by some crazies and a few governmental agencies.

Alas, I am sick. I have made it the entire school year without a sniffle or a cough and yesterday it hit will full force. My throat felt like I just drank a gallon of bleach (Heathers anyone?). I slept for the majority of the day and reveled in my sickness.

So today I decided I will not let the sickness get me down. And here I sit at work trying to get things in order for Spring Break (a perk of working at a school). Yet I find it hard to work when my head actually feels like it is floating about three feet above my body. You know the feeling, when you aren’t really sure if everything around you is real, and when you hear your voice you swear that it isn’t you talking.

So in the midst of my quietness (I’m still here just not as forthcoming with opinions as before, don’t worry quietness might not be in my normal nature, but it happens every once in a while) I am now struggling with sickness.

That’s all I got, if any of the above doesn't make sense, blame the fact that my head is not attached to my body at the moment.

14 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

HEATHERS!!!

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON!!

i love that movie!

Hope you feel bedda

3/10/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Fun...medicine head.

I'm completely with you about the school kid-germ thing. For me, it is the 4th graders (which I've decided are disease-ridden cesspools in human form). They always smell kind of like stale Cheetos and cough and sneeze all over everything. I'm seriously contemplating having each and every one of them dipped in Lysol before they are allowed to enter the museum.

I hope you feel better soon! Since you have a Spring Break it would be a shame to spend it ill and in bed.

3/10/2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Why are you being such a mega-b****?
- Because I can be.

"Heathers" is the reason I know the difference between plethora and myriad.

Hope you feel better, Katie.

3/10/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

katie: feel better quick!!

Don't worry you'll get yor head back soon enough.

Enjoy spring break!

3/10/2006 7:13 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I remember Heathers!!!

I'm on spring break now (we call it March Break) and on Monday I'm back to school and have 3 papers due that week...Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. I need to get the one due Wednesday in early so I can work on the one due on Thursday. So, the rest of my weekend is going to be busy...and I am feeling tonight like I might be catching a cold. I hope not!

3/10/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Hey! I could have sworn I left a comment this afternoon. What happened to it???

Anyways, it said, "I'm sorry to hear you're under the weather K-T".

I hope to see you Sunday!

3/10/2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Feel better girl!

3/11/2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Awwww. I'm sorry you don't feel well. I highly recommend Airborne. You can get it at your local drugstore.

3/11/2006 7:25 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Hope you are getting enough rest. Our spring break doesn't come til after Easter. So long to hold out.

3/11/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger Mark D said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

3/11/2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

"You wanted to be a member of the most powerful clique in school. If I wasn't already the head of it, I'd want the same thing."

3/13/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Are you better now after a weekend of bed rest and medication?

(Not that you actually spent the weekend in bed or indulged in over-the-counter pills and syrups or anything. You just sounded really sick on Friday and I was, you know, just hoping that you took it easy this weekend. Although, I'm guessing not, seeing as though you were (stubbornly) at work on Friday and not at home, in bed, eating soup and periodically medicating yourself until the ultimate demise of the illness altogether)

3/13/2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

Sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon.

It makes me slightly nervous to hear you describing your head as being severed from your body. Even though I understand perfectly.

3/13/2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Hope you feel better soon!

3/13/2006 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home