Friday, January 20, 2006

Into the Mirror by Steve Sporre

“My story. My pain. My redemption. My salvation.”

No other synopsis could so eloquently and truthfully describe what is contained in Into the Mirror. There are stories in our lives that stick with us, tales or epics that draw us in. Some of them are fairy tales, some are historical accounts of days long ago, some are the fruits of great literary minds, and then there are those that are so real they could be the story of our neighbors, our family, our friends, ourselves.

Some people write for wealth, others for stature, and then some write because they have a story that must be told.

Many of you know Steve, many of you may have heard me speak of his book, and some of you may have glanced at it in passing. As of yesterday, he wrote the final chapter. Read it because it is well written, read it because I’m telling you to, read it because you are curious, read it for any reason at all. But when you are done, when you have finished, I hope that you leave it in some way changed. Great stories do that, you approach them, you experience them, and you leave them altered. It is only fitting that this is the story of the transformation of a man and that each who read it might leave transformed themselves.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Please note that the book is in reverse order. You will need to use the chapter titles on the sidebar to navigate your way to the beginning. Click on the earliest chapter on each page until you get to chapter one and then use the back button to manuever to each chapter thereafter.

9 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Thanks KT

1/20/2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

He deserves the kudos.

1/20/2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah he does!

1/20/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

What an accomplishment. What a story. I look foward to being able to read the whole thing.

Congrats.

1/20/2006 12:31 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

So, when will this be published? We totally need to start working on book deals for you. I am excited to finish it!

1/20/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

um, and, what is that graphic? is that the design for the book cover? and will you center it in the column?

:)

1/20/2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I stole it from Steve's site because it has the link and looked better than just putting up the address.

I'm not sure about it being the cover design, I think it is from Eddie, but I could be wrong.

I don't know how to center it, I'm just impressed I knew how to steal the code and put it in the post. Any advice you have to offer will be appreciated and acted upon.

1/20/2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

just go into the edit mode from your dashboard and highlight it and click the "center" button. :)

also, we made it safely. i already have a pic i want to post, but don't have my cord with me right now to upload it. dang it!

1/22/2006 8:44 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Very well-deserved link. The book truly did change me and my perspective on several different things.

1/23/2006 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home