Thursday, October 06, 2005

Pre-posting

I am pre-posting for Friday since I will not be here to share with you what is the kpinion of the day.

With all the talk this week the document below seemed very appropriate. I hope it encourages you single folks out there (me included) and also confirms for the married ones just how great our Lord is in His provision.



Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone, to have a deep soul relationship with another. But God to a Christian says, “No, not until you are satisfied, fulfilled, and content with being loved by me, with giving yourself totally and unreservedly to me, to having an intensely personal and unique relationship with me alone. Discovering that only in me is your satisfaction to be found, will you be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you when you are united with me exclusively of anyone or anything else.
I want you to stop planning, stop wishing and allow me to give you the most thrilling plan existing – one that you cannot imagine. I want you to have the best. Please allow me to bring it to you; you just keep watching me, expecting the greatest things. Keep experiencing the satisfaction that I am. Keep listening and learning on the things I tell you. You just wait. That’s all. Don’t be anxious. Don’t worry. Don’t look around at the things other have gotten of that I have given them. Don’t look at the things you think you want. You just keep looking off and away up to me, or you’ll miss what I want to show you.
And when you are ready, I’ll surprise you with a love more wonderful than any you would dream. You’ll see, wait until you are ready. I am working even at this moment to have both of you ready at the same time. Until you are both satisfied exclusively with me and the life I’ve prepared for you.
You want to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with me, and is thus the perfect love. And dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love. I want you to see in the flash of a picture your relationship with me, and enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty perfected and love that I offer you.
Believe and be satisfied.”
This was given to me by a sweet friend recently and I have read it many times before. It always gives me peace to know that God is perfect in His timing and in the showering of His blessings.
Happy Friday everyone.
Feel free to comment, I would love to return to TONS of comments :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Brad Huston said...

Awesome stuff, Katie. Thank you. Enjoy your weekend.

Brad

10/06/2005 5:11 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

So, my question is... are you? I know you believe, but are you satisfied? Are you content with where God has you?

10/06/2005 7:46 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Don't mean to put you on the spot... just keepin' it real. ;)

10/06/2005 7:48 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Katie. This applies even to Rob and me and our deep desire to be parents. This is so right on and I am on the verge of tears, that God is so amazing.


tnumtui - tsunami?

10/06/2005 7:58 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

True contentment..... I struggle with this sometimes while trying to live in this world. We are tempted everyday to take our eyes of him. Good Post.

10/06/2005 10:12 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

This post and Eric's comment made me think of God's reasons for marriage. I could think of three off the top of my head.

1. God saw it was not good for man to be alone. He created marriage for companionship.

2. To model the relationship between Christ and the Church. Ephesians 5:21-33

3. To raise up Godly children for the kingdom of God.

While all these things are beautiful in their design and can be wonderful blessings, because of our sin nature they will not be perfect.

No relationship here on earth will perfectly model Christ's relationship with the church because fleshly man cannot have the perfect love that Christ has.(Although what a thing to strive for!! 1 John 4:17)

“No, not until you are satisfied, fulfilled, and content with being loved by me, with giving yourself totally and unreservedly to me, to having an intensely personal and unique relationship with me alone. Discovering that only in me is your satisfaction to be found, will you be capable of the perfect human relationship..."

I think this part is a great example...will we ever here on this earth be able to give ourselves "totally and unreservedly" to Christ? And if not, well we ever be capable of the perfect human relationship?

I DO NOT want to sound as though we shouldn't try, because we should. That's what we're called to do. Isn't that was sanctification is? A continual becoming more like Christ.

There was only one man capable of having the perfect human relationship.

In closing: This essay, in summary, seems to be saying. Focus first on a consuming relationship with Christ and put that before everything else in your life and to that I say amen.

bznitvga

10/07/2005 8:39 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Katie
I loved that poem when I was single. It was such a comfort. Thanks for the reminder.

Holly

10/07/2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

How true the poem is. We need so much to realize that only true contentment, true fullfillment, and true satisfaction can be attained only through Christ. Like the fellas said, we need to realize that even in the "perfect" mate, we will not have these things. We do however, receive a portion of them, and it is truly a wonderful blessing.
I took me awhile to realize this, that Christ's love is the only one that will meet all my needs. So, I am the bride of my husband, and the bride of Christ, both of them granted to me by a truly awesome God.

10/07/2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Katie-

How wonderfully promising this is! I do concur with the guys on this one: no earthly relationship will be perfect, on account that our sin nature will ALWAYS get in the way. However, I plan to strive for the closest thing to perfection, because if I'm always striving to be Christ-like and, and striving for a closer relationship with my Father, then I should accept no less in my future mate, right? He'll be Godly, humble, and constantly desiring know God more (just to name a few :). And hopefully in "striving", I'll find a solid, Godly (yet still imperfect) relationship, that hopefully, will closely model the relationship that God called us to within marriage.

10/07/2005 10:23 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Um.... KT, where are you?

10/07/2005 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home