Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I'm in love

That’s it. I’m head over heels in love. . . . .

Yesterday was the day.

I had waited so long and it had finally arrived.

There they were, all dressed in khaki, green, and green/white plaid.

As I approached the line my heart began to jump and my stomach got butterflies.

What if they didn’t like me? What if I wasn’t special anymore? What if I was just another girl to them?

Then it came, the words that made my heart melt.

“Good morning Miss Kpinion” (ok they didn’t say kpinion).

And then the hugs. Oh the hugs.

There is nothing like a group hug by first graders who only come up to your waist.

Then I see the second grade class.

Again, “Good morning Miss Kpinion”

More hugs.

I LOVE MY JOB (well some days, on days when I get hugs from our students I feel like I can deal with anything.)

Then to top it off my friend, whose daughter I love, tells me about a conversation she had last night.

Mom: So did you get to see Miss Kpinion?

Rebekah (the cutest little red hair girl in the world): I saw her but she was at the front of the line so I didn’t get to get a hug from her.

Notice the wording there, she didn’t get to GET a hug from me.
Heart melting at this very moment.

Ok, then to add to my heart melting I had a good laugh.

One of our new second graders decided to accessorize her school uniform of khaki shorts and a green polo with some snazzy shoes. Picture an eight year old bubbly brunette girl with hunter green converse hi tops (chuck taylors for those in the know) with a gold stripe down the back (our school colors no less) and hunter green knee socks.

CLASSIC.

14 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Good Morning Miss Kpinion.

8/23/2005 10:24 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Ben, and if you were a first grader in khaki and green you would have just stolen my heart.

8/23/2005 10:29 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I bet they are too cute.

I sure never felt cute in my uniform though. Except for the very last day of school, my senior year, after wearing the same plaid since 5th grade. We got to shred/destroy/mutilate them to our heart's content. That was the extent of my artistic abilities.

8/23/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Face it... I am nothing but an oversized 1st grader...

AND I have stolen your heart. lol.

8/23/2005 11:05 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh but Ben you are at least the size of a really big 3rd grader, now on maturity level ummmm well I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

And yes there is a special place in my heart for Ben and Syd and the MIM bunch. Can't help it you're just good people, and I like good people.

:)

8/23/2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I have hunter green Doc Martens... does that count?

8/23/2005 11:25 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

It depends, are you trying to make me laugh or steal my heart?

Throw in a pair of khaki shorts and green polo (hopefully not a plaid jumper though) and we may have a deal.

It is going to be really hard to compete with these first and second graders, they are just TOO CUTE.

8/23/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger steve said...

PLease Pray for little Rebekah RIGHT NOW. She is in surgery and not doing well at all.

God is good (and Big enough)

8/23/2005 2:29 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i like the way you specify khaki, green, and green/white plaid.

because it just wouldn't be the same if you didn't add the green/white plaid in there.

8/23/2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

KLASSIK!!! I love Chuck Taylors! Sweet post, it is nice to be loved.

8/23/2005 5:15 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

This morning, I immediately thought of the Wilson Philips song, only I was thinking the title was "I'm in love" instead of "You're in love". I'm really sleepy this morning.

I always thought it was a fake song anyway. Who's ever that excited about finding out that he's in love with someone else?

I think I'll go back to sleep now.

8/24/2005 7:20 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

AM - go back to sleep friend, you made no sense

8/24/2005 8:17 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Sorry. :(

*snooze*

8/24/2005 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No school skirt for Katie?

8/24/2005 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home