Thursday, October 28, 2004

Issues with the flem

I'm sick. Not the laying on my death bed, or the hugging the toilet, or even the spiking fever type sick. Oh no it is the silent killer, the undercover agent of sickness. I have the flem. I hate the flem. Feel free to reference my last post to see what reaction other people's flem can do to me.

My sickness is the never leaving house guest. It comes unwelcome and sets up shop with no indication of when it will leave. Sometimes you barely even notice it and then bam there it is standing in the kitchen in your robe drinking straight from your milk carton. My sickness makes itself apparent in that I can now sing baritone in a choir and get mistaken for a man on the phone. Now I don't have a very high pitched voice but come on I have never been mistaken for a man and now I sound like Barry White.

I'm trying to figure out if the sickness has peaked, if I've reached the highlight of this visit and it will be moving on to another poor soul. In the worst case scenario, I am only in the beginning stages and the flem is just the start of the sickness train and it is tearing toward the station with no brakes.

I hate the flem.

P.S. A added symptom of the flem is that my mind has lost its ability to come up with the proper word when needed. Case in point I just told someone about hot dogs in the teacher workroom when I meant to say cupcakes. So the flem has now caused me to be stupid. I hate the flem even more.

4 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

flem.
Flemish.
A group of Dutch dialects spoken in the southwestern Netherlands, northwest Belgium, and parts of northern France.

phlegm.
Thick, sticky, stringy mucus secreted by the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, as during a cold or other respiratory infection.

10/28/2004 3:41 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

I think there will be several Frenchman angry with you for this accusation of how they affect you: both physically and mentally. ;)

10/28/2004 3:42 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Potato potahto, tomato tomahto, picky pickee. Maybe I hate the phlegm and the flem. Hmmmmmmm whada you say about that?

10/28/2004 4:17 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

I say you better watch your back...

;)

10/28/2004 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home