Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Five Hundred

This little group of words represents my 500th post.

That's a lot of words, especially since I can be known to use quite a few words at any given time.

The funny thing is that you could look at this as some sort of accomplishment or really just a massive collection of minutes of my life spent on something fairly insignificant. The ironic thing is that if it is an accomplishment, it isn't really because of the effect it's had on anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, if any words I've written have touched anyone or had an impact in their life than I am truly humbled by that. But as I look back at the last 2+ years of writing I realize that this blog, these words, have had the greatest impact on me.

I've also been blessed beyond measure with some great friendships through this little piece of internet real estate. It makes me laugh that I said to a friend recently, "You know I'm going to be travelling to two weddings this spring all because of my blog." Who says stuff like that? Me, I guess.

So post #500, you mark a lot of deep thinking, laughter, tears, friendships, self evaluation, spiritual growth, good conversation, two years of my life, and a suprisingly vulnerable picture of who I am.

9 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Close friendships from a blog? Pshaw... I'm not buying it.

1/09/2007 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two weddings? Whose? I only know of one.



Oh, wait. Memory lapse. Oops. Wheeeee! Two weddings!

(I think it's kind of weird that three times in a row now I've had to write the same word verification, but all from different blogs. Is that weird to anyone else? I actually kind of like it.)

1/09/2007 1:23 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

It's so cool how people connect through the internet. Love it!

Congrats on the 500th!

1/09/2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

I have loved each and every word from you... we didn't become friends on the blog, but I have learned how beautiful you hear is thorugh here... Love you, my friend!

1/10/2007 10:02 AM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

your heart... not you hear... haha!

1/10/2007 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Your feed is finally working. And I just subscribed. Wheeeee!

1/10/2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Who are the bloglander lovebirds? That IS kind of cool.

Since I started blogging, two---count 'em, TWO---couples (I've known the girls personally here in town) have met and gotten engaged/married through their blogs. Pretty crazy.

Here's hopin'... :) Just kidding. Kind of.

1/10/2007 12:21 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Alas! I have yet to meet my bodyguard/stalker!

Congrats on the 500th post milestone. I'm about 300 posts behind you...(sigh)

1/10/2007 9:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay for good friendships born out of "the blog world"!

Congrats on two inspirational years! I know I've been blessed!!

P.S.: Your wish is my command. I posted today, and will continue to do so. :) Have a great day friend!!

1/11/2007 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home