Wednesday, August 02, 2006

RIP my dear friend you served me well

Actually I would like to ammend my title. Instead it should read:

DIE SUCKA DIE

My cell phone, the free phone that I received upon the glorious occassion of marking my two year anniversary with my cell phone company, officially died a slow and painful death as the life was sucked from its very battery because it choose to no longer charge when properly suited with the life giving charger. My cell phone committed suicide. This distrubs me a bit but not too much because it's a cell phone and it was hard to hear on most of the time and that means I get a NEW one.

Not only do I get a new one but I decided to take the leap and purchase a phone instead of settling for the junk they offer you for free when you sign your life away to be tied to the company for another two years (actually i like my cell phone provider so I'm not complaining).

So I did some research (code word for looked at pretty pictures and asked a few friends if they liked their phones) and I am now the owner of a brand new Razor. I'm so cool you might want to go find your sunglasses so that the gleam of my coolness doesn't burn your retinas dry.

And in my joyous decision to purchase said trendy phone (to go with my oh so trendy ipod - i told you i was cool) I was faced with a big decision.

Color.

See with my old phone I had no choices in color, it came in stardard issue gray (or is it grey - which one is associated with the nose?). Now I have choices of black, silver, blue, and PINK. And not just any pink, but pepto bismol on crack hot PINK that announces "HELLO I HAVE A RAZOR AND YOU DON'T" to the world PINK. I thought about getting the pink and how I could have some fun ring tone like "I'm with the DJ" or "If you steal my sunshine" or even better "Barbie Girl" and then I could buy all those fun phone jewelry that dangle and clangle off of my phone so that it would not only announce by the color and ring but also by all the bling bling dripping off of it that I am a fifteen year old girl who is desperately in love with Travis from "So You Think You Can Dance" (insert apology to any adult female who is offended because she owns such phone).

But after realizing that I am approaching the age of 30 (gasp, shhhhh dont' tell anyone) I probably can't pull off the PINK razor. So I decided to go with the classy and yet jet setting black (which by the way matches my black ipod - I might not be extremely cool but I color coordinate like a champ).

Now I just have to figure out all the new options . . . Ringtones, IMing, ninjas who jump out of the phone if I press the right number sequence.

12 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Ha! I need one of these phones... but I am sure that I wouldn't get any reception in the bermuda circle that reaches out 20 miles in every direction from my house.

You could pull off pink. You so made the wrong choice.

8/02/2006 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the cool peoples world...by the way MY PARENTS each have black razor phones as do I. haha! ~C

8/02/2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger steve said...

dont knock Travis...

He is my man crush

its the cool hair

Im shutting up now

8/02/2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Katie, you're definitely a character! ;)

8/02/2006 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roger and I were recently discussing the Razor. We were also discussing how if we switch to Cingular and get them, I MUST have the pink option.

Because: it's pink. Life doesn't get much better.

8/03/2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I've had a new cell phone sitting in its box for the past 5-6 weeks. I'm avoiding the hassle of getting it all up and running, loading up my saved phone numbers, etc.

8/03/2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Katie!!! Yes!!! you are so totally cool now. In fact, our phones match...I've had a black RAZR for about a year and I LOVE it!!! (oh, and to be totally cool, you have to spell it RAZR, not Razor) but you'll learn! woo-hoo.

After I got my black one they came out with the navy blue. I totally like that one too. Maybe I'll get the faceplates, so I can change colors upon every whim of mine!

Anyways, yes, you rock. all the way.

8/03/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

haha, yes i noticed that it should be RAZR but that only highlights that while I am attempting to pretend to be cool I am still the biggest dork

8/03/2006 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got a new cell phone last week. It's a flip phone. And it's mocha colored with a little bit of bronze accent. It matches my purse because I am a loser who doesn't own an iPod. *pout*

8/03/2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yea! we match! well, almost, but black and silver ARE complementary. YEA!

Your phone was SUMO jealous of my phone, so it just died of a broken heart. That was it.

8/04/2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger James said...

Welcome to the cool club, Katie. I too have a black RAZR coordinated with my black iPod, and I even took it one step further and got me a color-coordinated black bluetooth earpiece. SO cool.

Now, if you ever figure out how to blog from your cellphone, please pass on the secret. Until then, bask in your razr sharp black coolness. Word.

8/04/2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

This is really funny, because I actually remeber thinking "wow, I didn't know that Katie had a cool phone" when i saw you pull it out on Wed. I didn't know it was new? ha!

8/04/2006 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home