Saturday, April 01, 2006

So . . . .

So I once thought of being a party planner. I'm organized, can multi-task, can see the big picture and also all the small details, so party planning sounded like a good fit. And you get to go to parties for a career. Can't beat that.

But then I have a friend who is a party planner and it is a ton of work. She also caters and makes cakes so that is an added task to tackle for an event. She is amazing and has all these tools of the trade that I would never think of. She has dishes for any event (packed in detergent buckets no less with dryer sheets inbetween each dish to protect them), she has all kinds of serving platters and utensils, she has Commercial Folding Tables, and all other sorts of items that makes her a star party planner. I don't have any of these things so I would not be prepared to be a planner.

So then I thought I could work at a little shop. You know the ones that sell cute little items and have fun bags and tissue paper and I could work in a quaint town on the square and sell people cute things. But then I have another friend whose parents do this and it is a hard life. People are so fickle these days that small shops have to work hard to make it.

Then I thought I could work for a florist. How fun would it be to arrange flowers and deliver them. Everyone chooses to send flowers at some poing in their life and I could be the friendly face that delivers them. And now is the flower sending time, what with Easter and Mother's Day coming up. I'm sure that area florists do big business for all the kids who want to send mothers day flowers. But then I thought about the hours you would have to work and I don't even know how to make all those beautiful flower arrangements.

So alas I am still on the hunt for a job that sounds fun, is exciting, and uses my skills.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

So then I thought I could work at a little shop. You know the ones that sell cute little items and have fun bags and tissue paper and I could work in a quaint town on the square and sell people cute things.

This is my job. It's fun and I adore it. And I know I won't be in it forever, because I shall someday open my OWN cute little shop, but a little more adrisan-based.

4/05/2006 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home