Wednesday, March 29, 2006

When in doubt . . . .

I was talking with a friend recently about how different my life would be without the Bible. Funny how much I take for granted a text that impacts my life daily. I can't think of any other group of words that has such a profound effect on who I am, what I do, and how I live.

It is a comfort to my soul, a sharp sting to my sin, a balm to my pain, a challenge to my mind, a peace in the midst of my turmoil, a chisel to my frame, a lamp to my feet, and a place of refuge and return when I have nowhere else to turn.

There is a lot going on right now, for me and for those I care about. So when I doubt, when I question, when I have nothing in myself, I turn to the thing I know to be secure, to be firm, to be true.

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary.
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40: 28-31

8 Comments:

Blogger Kristi B. said...

That IS a wonderful passage and I'm glad you reminded me of it. God's Word is definitely a light to our paths, and what time do we need a light more than when we are in the dark?

I'm confident things are going to work out beautifully for you, Katie, because you are trusting God and taking the right steps.

3/29/2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

secure, firm and true! LOVE IT!

3/29/2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What a comfort to our souls! God is my refuge - and I love that!

3/29/2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

The Word of God... secure, firm and true. I turn to Him also. It helps.

3/29/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

One of my favorite passages, and now, one of my favorite posts.

Well said my friend.

3/29/2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger steve said...

God is good

3/29/2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Beautiful passage and you're right, for a Christian, the Bible permeates and colors whatever we do.

3/30/2006 6:34 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

Short, sweet, and to the point. :)

Seriously - this has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I love watching you grow during this period and trust God with your future.

3/30/2006 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home