Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I'm not sure what the guy equivalent to this would be . . . .

Sunday afternoon I attended a "sleigh party". Now many of you are wondering what exactly a sleigh party might be because you know I live in Texas and, yes, it was 88 degrees on Saturday (but then dropped into the 40's that night - brrrrr). So we weren't taking rides in a sleigh, but we were making sleighs, and not just any sleighs but CANDY sleighs. Yipee, girl time.

My friend Aimee (aimclaim - check her out she's a good read and needs more visitors - see Aimee you didn't have to beg for readership because I am guilt-tripping my readers into visiting you) and her sweet momma invited a group of us gals to come and make gingerbread candy sleighs, except we used cardboard so they are only partially edible.

With the help of Julie (the cake making queen) I successfully constructed my own sleigh with only a little bit of mess (especially in comparison to Leah who had a testy icing bag to contend with).

Now I know you don't know any of these gals but peruse my pics and enjoy.

For my male readership, I present a question of sorts. What would the male equivalent of this be? Submit your answers and the best one wins a suprise.

And now on to the pictures:

Hard at work. Seriously, this was hard, not as hard as brain surgery but pretty darn close. Have I mentioned that I'm a bit of a perfectionist so that tendency came out with a vengance on this adventure.










Aimee and her wonderful mom were the resident experts

Poor Leah has some trouble and she got SUMO messy, hee hee.

Major construction going on here. Check out Julie (cake decorating extraordinare) and sassy Margaret.

Here's Amy with her fun completed sleigh.















Kristie and Leah had some trouble with their icing bag and instead of offering to help I laughed and took pictures (sorry ladies)


















Margaret and Liz - Liz is 5 months preggo with a sweet baby girl.













Wahoo a bunch of good lookin gals and some kick butt candy sleighs.

17 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yeah, I'm not very crafty either, but the little sleds are quite cute. Way to go K-T. Work that creative self!

12/06/2005 1:35 PM  
Blogger steve said...

The male version of this any pointless challenge...

spitting for distance

creative fire making

anything envolving gas, matches and road kill

video games for money

musical farting

belching the alphabet

belching the names of dead presidents

belching the swedish national anthem

"Flavor" belching otherwise known as "Can you smell what I just ate?"

Face it Katie there just really isnt a guy equivalent to making cardboard modes of transportation...

12/06/2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

ok how long did you spend coming up with that list? I'm not even going to ask which ones you have actively participated in at any point in time.

12/06/2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

The guy equivelant?

Well, I would say if it involved making something it would possibly be carving out Christmas ornaments with a jig saw - which by the way would normally turn out looking like human body parts and of course we would sing dirty songs like "silver balls, silver balls" sorry KT, that song came from our pastor believe it or not... lol.

12/06/2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ok Eddo, Steve was winning the contest with his long list of possible alternatives but you just shot ahead of him. OH MY WORD.

12/06/2005 1:59 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I don't think I can breath because I'm trying so hard to stifle the uproarious laughter that is so desperately trying to burst forth!

BOYS!!!

SO insanely funny. The sad thing is: that's so true. SO very funny and true. Guys are hilarious. This is why I keep them around. hehehehe

Eddo: you. are. a. riot. Totally didn't see that one coming. lol

12/06/2005 2:15 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

...oh yeah. Pretty sleigh Katie! lol

12/06/2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Looks like fun! Are Amy, Margaret, and Liz related? Cuz they sure look it.

12/06/2005 4:11 PM  
Blogger David B. said...

I think the male equivalent could a fly tying party. It involves some skillz, craftiness, and creativity, as well as socialization among friends.

There is usually a leader among such groups, sharing his trade secrets with the rest of the group. (Well, most of them anyway!) Much like the leader of your sleigh party.

As evidence of this, I submit to you a fly tying party of the Dallas Flyfishers Association as exhibit 'A'. You can see their photos here.

12/06/2005 4:23 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

There is no male equivalent to this... ever. And if you are a guy and you think there is...

Then you should really start to question whether you really ARE a guy.

12/06/2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Shenna - Oops I forgot to mention that Amy and Liz are twins (aren't they cute), Margaret is not related to them but I'll tell her you thought she was

David - Uhhh fly fishing tying parties ? with pictures? Oh that is just so . . . . . . . . uhhhh . . . . .

Ben - ahahahaha, so you're calling out Steve, Eddie, and David on thier masculinity? Looks like we got a dude fight up in here. BTW - says the man whose wife makes all kinds of crafty stuff that puts my measly sleigh to shame (and you don't help her at all? at all?)

12/06/2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

"Methinks he doth protest too much" - this is what I have to say to Ben. I bet he carries around a glue gun with him at all times and gets all giddy when he sees a bag of glitter next to a package of popsicle sticks.

12/06/2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

ROFL!!! Katie this is just too much!!

Those sleighs look great! Sounds like something I'd enjoy doing (I enjoy crafts).

I think Steve should win the prize for his list...


Hmm..maybe the male equivelant would be them stopping and asking for directions...seeing how they don't seem to be into the whole crafty/ask for directions thing...

12/06/2005 6:01 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

so what part of the sleigh was cardboard?

and, i think i see you in the background taking a picture (sassy Margaret and cake-decorating fiend Julie).

it's because i'm THAT observant.

12/06/2005 11:22 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Man, I missed this yesterday. This is what I get for being so busy at work this week. RATS! (and beans).

12/07/2005 7:16 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I can honestly say that I have never picked up a glue gun eddie... nor glitter.


or popsicle sticks.

12/07/2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

The party was a blast and the sleighs turned out great!

12/07/2005 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home