Friday, October 14, 2005

Random Day

Hmmm, I realized today that I think I have misplaced my “funny”. I’ve been rather serious of late, and that has been for a very good reason. Serious things have been happening.

And yet in honor of Friday, I wish to instill a bit of “funny” back into kpinion. Don’t worry the deep thinker has not left the building but you have to understand that there are many facets to the personality of kpinion and humor is one of them. I feel like I just need a laugh today.

So I went to a concert last night of my favorite band Shane and Shane and below are a few tidbits of notice:

ONE

I am officially OLD. Duede Seriously, the average age at this concert was maybe, MAYBE 21. I felt like an old fart with all the high school kids running around. When did I get old? Oh yea, I forgot, Wednesday.

TWO

Shane Barnard decided to be “vulnerable” and share the first song her ever wrote with the crowd. It is called the Spam song and I believe he wrote it for a speech class in college. This might have been my favorite song of the night. Here is a sampling of the lyrics:

Oh I need some Spam...
There's just something 'bout that processed ham...
Oh it gives me energy... S
o won't you have some Spam with me?
And we'll be a big Spam-ily!

I need to find a way to work the word Spam-ily into conversation more often.

THREE

Also if I was ever in a band I would be the key-tar player. Yep, I’m taking you back to the 80’s and pulling a Revenge of the Nerds. I could totally rock the key-tar. It’s small, it only has a few keys and it has all those buttons with the built in beats. I would ROCK. David Crowder played the key-tar for a song and it was so funny and yet so cool. In fact I think he could play the maracas and it would be cool because he just looks cool. I don’t look that cool so maybe I couldn’t pull of the key-tar. I know I’m not cool enough to pull off the accordion. How cool would you have to be to pull off the accordion?

FOUR

I need to watch my internal/external conversations. While buying a t-shirt last night at the concert I noticed that the guy who was helping me was pretty cute and I happened to say that out loud. I think I was trying to quietly mention that to my friend standing right next to me but it came out a lot louder than I meant it to and the other guy working the table completely heard me. In fact as the words left my mouth I could see him out of the corner of my eye react to what I said. Yep I’m pretty sure I turned a deep burgundy red when I turned back to the table and he asked if I needed any help. I should have replied “No thank you, but I would love it if you could just forget the last 10 seconds of your life and the verbal outburst I just subjected you to about your friend over there.”

FIVE

I forget that many people have not seen the “wild” side of Katie. Well as wild as I can get at least. Therefore I think I might have shocked a few of my friends last night when I went a bit crazy rocking out to David Crowder. It was fun. Sometimes you just can’t sit still when good music is blaring, you gotta move.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I HATE that I've never seen you dance K-T. Well, I take that back, I saw you country dance, but that was no NKOTB routine. This I must see sometime. In the very near future. Hint, hint.

"When did I get old? Oh yea, I forgot, Wednesday." CLASSIC.

I've never seen you burgundy red either, although you were a light shade of pink when Brian was quizzing you on Sunday morning. No worries my friend, I didn't post THAT video.

So glad that we can laugh and cry together.

dqbol - Dairy Queen Bowl - a new football championship?

10/14/2005 12:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

KT! You're fantastic!! Have I ever told you that? lol! Here's my favorite: " I would love it if you could just forget the last 10 seconds of your life and the verbal outburst I just subjected you to about your friend over there.." I can't tell you how many times I have been in that same spot: "No, I'm sorry. God did not wire me with a brain-to-mouth-filter, so if I offend/embarrass you or myself, just know that I physically CAN'T HELP IT." lol!!

I'm glad you're choosing to smile today despite life's curve-balls. It's good to laugh, even when we're sad!

10/14/2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I'm sure you boosted Mr. T-Shirt sellers ego a couple-a-notches on with that one!

10/14/2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

JCol - Oh but that video is so much worse for you and Brain - ahahahahaha that whole conversation made me laugh

Stephanie - thanks. there is already a Mr. Fantastic, think I could be Miss Fantastic, hmm a new superhero identity, gosh I have so many of those already.Oh and the filter between my mind and mouth has so many holes in it that scary things often come flying out.

Luke - Well that is only if his friend told him. You're a guy, would you tell your friend if a girl said you were cute when you walked off?

10/14/2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Rock on, my blogging friend!

;-)

Any video of you dancing?

10/14/2005 8:04 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

You are old... 28 is OOooollld.

So. You are an old wild and crazy David Crowder fanatic.

lol.

I know,I know... I have reading glasses.

10/14/2005 8:50 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Older twin, do you actually think anybody would turn that down???

I don't THINK so.

10/15/2005 10:03 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

There are filters for what you say? I've got to get one of those. I often find my self asking, to no one in particular, "Was that out loud?"

There is no graceful exit to those kinds of things.

10/16/2005 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the rocking out involve hair tossing? I am sure it did. Rock On, KT, Rock On!

10/17/2005 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home