Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Giant Women’s Underpants

Ok I know you are asking yourself, how does Katie go from talking about God and scars and victory and then jumps over to underpants. Very easily in fact. If you know me at all, then you know that I can jump from topic to topic with lightening fast ease. I also have an uncanny gift of connecting those topics, so if you wish to challenge me go ahead.

Back to the underpants.

I love a good practical joke or prank. Not a mean prank or one that hurts another person, but a good, funny, unexpected prank.

I also like very much to be on the giving end of said prank. There is truth in the statement it is better to give than receive. It is funnier to give than receive also.

Back to the underpants. (I just like typing that sentence)

So in honor of my love of pranks I was gun ho when my roomie suggested we prank a houseful of boys that we knew. And what better way to prank boys than to involve GIANT women’s underpants.

Our plan was foolproof and pretty funny. Her job was to find the BIGGEST pair of women’s underpants in town. Now this is a tough job people. There are many sizes of women’s underpants and we wanted the biggest. You really can’t just walk into a store and ask the teenage boy sales clerk, “Show me your largest pair of women’s underwear please.” This would take some research and undercover work. So my roomie set off to all the local stores in search of her prize.

Soon after she left I got a phone call from her. She was standing in the lingerie section of our faithful Target (I love Target) holding up a pair of underwear and trying to decide if they were indeed the biggest she could find. While on the phone with me, she proceeded to try them on. Now let me explain something about my former roomie. She is TINY. My sweet little roommate was maybe, maybe 5 feet and an inch. This, in comparison, to my 5’9” height made her seem even smaller. She also is tiny size-wise, little and compact. So imagine this small, little girl trying on the biggest pair of underwear she could find. She was laughing so hard because she could have made an entire outfit out of these underwear, and still been decently covered. They were THAT big. Roomie then asked a fellow shopper if they thought these were the biggest underwear possible. How would you have liked to be that person, and how do you answer that question from a complete stranger.

So confident that she had in fact found the largest pair of underwear in town, she made her purchase and brought them home for my part in the prank.

Not only were we going to purchase GIANT women’s underpants for these guys we were going to personalize them. So off I go with my three pairs of underpants and head for the nearest embroiderer. Every man needs his name stitched on a pair of women’s underpants.

So I walk confidently into the embroiderer with my underwear in tow (well the giant underwear actually). The set up of a prank is almost as much fun as the prank itself. The girl behind the counter was rolling as I explained that I wanted boy’s names stitched on these underwear. Now the decisions came: what color? on the front or back? Well if you are going to have women’s underwear than you need womany colors so I went with the pink, purple, and turquoise shades. And, just in case the boys wanted to actually wear the underpants I figured a name on the back would be most useful.

Then came Underpants Day. My roomie showed up at my work (I happen to work in the same neighborhood as the guys) and we set off with all our supplies. Our idea was to string up the underwear across their porch, proudly proclaiming their name. The best part was that these guys were super active in our college group and had people over at their house all the time and their neighbors were all people they knew really well.

I swear the Mission Impossible theme was playing in the background as we made our way there. Stealthily we hung the underwear with care across a rope on the front porch (much like stockings on a mantle at Christmas time).

Each boy had his individual pair flapping there in the breeze. It was BEAUTIFUL, simply BEAUTIFUL.

Our mission was accomplished. Now all we had to do was wait for the reaction.

So of the three boys, the mellowest came home first. He later told us he drove up and thought that his one of his roommates had just hung his laundry out to dry. It wasn’t until he got up close that he realized exactly what was flapping in the breeze and that his name was on one of them. My favorite part is that he just left them there.

So the boys left them up for a few days and I got to take people by and show them our handiwork. After that two of the guys took them down and tacked them up on their bedroom doors. CLASSIC. That made me smile. Nothing like some good Christian boys using women’s underwear that span their entire doorway as a nametag.

We eventually confessed and relished in our prankdom. They were good sports and tried to prank us back with saran wrap around my roomies car. It was a nice try, but so beneath our level.

The funny part of this story is that my roomie, my partner in crime, is now married to one of those boys. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. So she can always say that she gave her future husband women’s underwear even before they were dating.

Oh yea, as part of the prank we sent them a little postcard as a reminder of their special underwear. I’m not sure if you can really grasp the size of these underwear. Let’s just say that my roomie and I both fit in them with room for another few people.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

25 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

ROFL!!! That was so funny! I was laughing the entire way through...I would loved to have been there to see their reactions! LOL! Thanks for sharing!

8/31/2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

No WONDER your posts are so creative. You have all this creativity stored up, and sometimes it just has to be unleashed into a prank.

The fact that "roomie" married him is just icing on the cake.

8/31/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

ahahaahahahaaa!! tommy! with those underwear on! and andy! (but who's rob?)

i've heard this story before, and seen the picture before, but never at the same time! priceless!

8/31/2005 1:06 PM  
Blogger steve said...

ok.. i like you again

dont ever do this to me

8/31/2005 1:36 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Steve - I'm not sure I like you anymore. Questioning me, my relations, my skillz.

Hmph, giant women's underwear are not enough for you. If I was ever moved to act you would suffer so much more than a pair of girl's undies flapping in the breeze.

8/31/2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger steve said...

there is a joke in there somewhere...

8/31/2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm ignoring you.

8/31/2005 2:36 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

*group hug*

8/31/2005 2:48 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Steve likes big butts and he can not lie... Those other brother's can't deny...

Leave it to Ben to try and go there...

It's not Ben's fault cause Katie brought up Giant Women's Underwear...

(See I told you I can rap.)

8/31/2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

That was CAN'T rap.

8/31/2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

that's ok Ben we like you anyway.

8/31/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

KT, I don't remember you being so Eeevil! I love it!

8/31/2005 3:57 PM  
Blogger amelia said...

That is absolutely hilarious!! I wish I had that kind of creativity to think up something like that! I knew the rap would resurface. It's been a theme lately...

8/31/2005 6:18 PM  
Blogger Cav said...

i swear left a comment earlier...i must be losing it.

9/01/2005 2:03 AM  
Blogger Cav said...

I hope I didn't say anything awful that had to be erased....

worrying...

9/01/2005 2:05 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

No comments Cav, must have been a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG day for you.

Don't worry, I really don't have to censor anyone on here.

9/01/2005 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie-

What happened to the mug shot of your ridiculously shiny hair?

9/01/2005 9:11 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Ben, I thought I fixed it but maybe not . . . hmmm

9/01/2005 9:28 AM  
Blogger Cav said...

twas a long day...my brain isnt what it used to be post chemo ;)... See what I was postng had to do with a prank I had to do with large womens underpants and a hershey bar - being that I don't know your sweet heart...know know it...I thought you might see that as obsence....i am lauging now

9/01/2005 10:43 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh Cav - do tell, although I may want to co-op this prank and all my readers will know it - dang.

BTW-I think your mind is just fine. You challenge me with your thought process and make me laugh with your funny stories.

Oh and check out my story about Bertha and the jock strap and you will see I have a pretty wide scope of humor.

9/01/2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I too want to hear more stories, Cav.

Keep it up girls!

9/01/2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Nothing better than a good prank. I had a friend of mine tell me I could never embarrass him - that's what he thought until he opened up a box of fiesta colored condoms as a birthday present in front of the whole school choir. The roar of laughter was deafening.

9/01/2005 11:50 AM  
Blogger Lava said...

Funny prank Katie!! I love it!

9/01/2005 12:05 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Love your new pic, Lava. With Teddy Ruxpin!

9/01/2005 12:15 PM  
Blogger Lava said...

awe thanks jen!

9/01/2005 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home