Tuesday, July 12, 2005

That magic moment

Last night I celebrated a birthday with four of my most favorite people. There are always those few souls that you always have a good time with, are never bored, and leave feeling like you've only begun to be together but also feeling like you have known each other forever.

Roger, the husband of Just Say Jes, decided to surprise her for her birthday with dinner at The Melting Pot and invited me and Eddie, PostedNote, along since we are all gaming buddies. We had a BLAST.

First off, The Melting Pot might be my most favorite restaurant in the entire world. They serve fondue, yummy, delectable, delicious fondue. We decided on a four course meal with an appetizer of a cheese fondue, a salad, our main dish of tenderloin, sirloin, duck, chicken, and salmon, with vegetables. Then we finished off with a flaming turtle chocolate fondue with dark chocolate and caramel (hold the nuts). The meal was FANTASTIC, our waiter was funny and very attentive and the evening was overall AMAZING.

I would never be able to share with you the entire evening so I will just share with you some of my favorite quotes (which I recorded that evening on the back of Jes’s birthday card envelope).

Jes: I bet if someone ate my butt it would be tender.

Roger: Mojo
Jes: Is it Mojo or Moho
Chance (our waiter): It’s Moho
Eddie: You better watch what you call me

Roger: I got all excited because it was pumper.

Eddie: Dark and caramel, that’s what I use to be called.

Katie: V.Q., I’m the vice queen and Jes is the Queen.
Roger: I’m the V. Quee

Katie: Like the firebreathers at the circus. I use to be in the circus.
Chance: You were a carni.
Katie: Oh no the carni are so not the same as circus people.

Eddie: I’m a grown ass man, I don’t need no rock candy stick (said when his coffee arrived with rock candy for adding sugar)

Jes: My pants are sticking to me like vinyl seats.

And as a preview for my next post this is what I gave Jes for her birthday:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

ha! ha! it's the cross-dressing country bear!

oh, katie. you MUST tell this story. looking forward to the next entry!

and i'm so glad you were there! :)

7/12/2005 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you marry me?

7/12/2005 2:19 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I SO want to meet y'all. Those quotes are CLASSIC.

7/12/2005 3:13 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ahhh anon you may not make marriage request without an identity. Do you think I will just marry any anon person that comes along?

Oh wait were you asking the bear to marry you? Maybe, he is a hot looking bear.

7/13/2005 9:04 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I know it's wrong to covet... but I am SO envious. ...um... yeah, not about the bear... but that you get to hang out together.

At least God has given me cool friends online. We would SO fit into your group... then it would be your "6" favorite people... including yourself. I thought that was funny... (unless you were speaking of your waiter, Chance.)

And I finally got to see what you look like on Jes's site... I feel like I know you. lol.

Anyway... that's all. Like Eddie... I am rambling.

7/13/2005 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home