Thursday, March 31, 2005

Have I ever told you . . . .

Have you ever wanted to just run up to people with a big sign that spells out:

I . t . o . l . d . y . o . u . s . o .

I have. I have many many many many many many times. It is very hard for me to keep these words in my mouth. I am a very “plan for it” type person. I enjoy looking at all the options available, and trouble-shooting every decision that can be made. I look at all the conflicts that might arise if you choose this road over that road and I believe in making an educated decision which will prepare you for the future. I try and pass this information on to others, especially those who are making decisions. I try and warn them of the coming issues they will face if they don’t take into consideration the ramifications of their decision to do this and not that.

I am standing on a cliff with a sign that says “Big open hole right here that you are about to fall into. BIG HOLE, STOP or DIE!!!!” But do people see my sign? Yes they do and they ignore it. SO when their bodies go splat on the ground I feel like throwing my sign at their head and screaming I TOLD YOU SO.

The preceding is a dramatic interpretation of a recent frustration experienced by the writer. It does not pertain to any specific people or situations not including the writer. Read nothing in to this if you feel like I am talking about you. In fact that is very self-centered to think I would post about you. This is my site so I post about me. It's all about me

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Dang it Katie... get over yourself. You need to post about US! Your very cool friends. If not all of us... then just about me. Cause, really, it's not all about you. It's about me.

3/31/2005 11:03 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

whatever, BEN. you just met KT. since i am her friend that SHE ACTUALLY KNOWS, and i've been her roommate, twice, she should post about ME. EVERYTHING is ALWAYS about ME.

isn't arrogance a pretty color on me?

also, kt, i DID wonder if you were talking about me. your site has made me wonder that before. and then i find myself thinking, what did i do that KT could have told me "I told you so" about? Was it that leaving the door open would let unwelcome pests in our home? Does she know some deep, dark, buried secret about me? There isn't much that she doesn't know already...

KT, you need to be more specific in your posts so that I don't become paranoid.

Because, remember, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

3/31/2005 12:16 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Jes is probably right... you should really post about her... since I am not A REAL FRIEND.

(I now understand my place in this "Group")

But once you're done posting about Jes... you can post about me... cause in the end... it is DEFINATELY about me.

3/31/2005 1:34 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

now, now ben. i never said you weren't a real friend. just not someone WHO HAS SHARED A HOME WITH HER. so HA!

3/31/2005 2:36 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh yeah... I'm a real friend... I'm cool again.

lol.

3/31/2005 2:59 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey you two I determine the state of friendship and let me just say you are talking way too much about each other and yourselves to be my friends. There are some simple rules here and the first one is that you should always stroke my ego by talking about me, ESPECIALLY ON MY BLOG.

3/31/2005 3:04 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Did you just say I was cool?? *Looks for the hidden message in Katie's last comment.*

It's there I know that it is.... it's gotta be. With Katie being so cool herself and all... it must be in there somewhere.

3/31/2005 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home