Wednesday, March 23, 2005

You think you know but you don't

A random assortment of points of notice:

1. This was my aunt's comment regaring my blog :

I think you are funny too. Your writing reminds me of the way Anne Shirley
talked in the " Anne of Green Gables" books.

That is a big compliment for me because i love the Anne of Green Gables books and movies. I use to stay home on Saturdays and camp in front of the TV when they would show all the movies on the PBS telethon. I now own the last two of the set but i need the first. I also wanted red hair like Anne but alas I will suffer through my blonde.

2. Achilles had his heel, Superman his cryptonite, and I have the word supposedly. Reality comes crashing down upon my perceived intelligence when I use this word in conversation. For some reason I say supposevely (with a "v" people, a "v"). I'm not quite sure how long this has gone on and I fear that it may have been since the beginning of my time using this word. I'm trying hard to correct this but I get all confused and wonder which way I actually said it and then which way is correct and I start second guessing myself and end up all flustered. It is my bane.

3. I am a complicated person. Not complicated in the sense of hard to deal with (some might disagree with that statement but I disagree with them), but complicated in the sense that I am not easily pegged. Pegged being when someone thinks they have you figured out by meeting you once, talking with you once, or seeing you in only one situation. People just so you know there is a lot of depth going on in this girl. So with that said I am in the process of coming up with 100 things about me. It is in progress and I hope to have it up soon.

4. When it says compact cars only on a parking space and a Hummer or SUV parks there is it wrong for me to assume that while they obviously have enough money to buy a stinkin tank for a car they in fact cannot read. What is happening in this world that there are all the rich car owners who are illiterate. Whay aren't people talking about this in the media. We have a huge social problem here and it needs to be dealt with. Therefore I prescribe to start my own socially conscience organization for the illiteracy of Hummer owners (or O-FI-HO). You may make tax deductable donations to this organization at any time. Please contact me here is you would like to volunteer your time. We are looking for individuals who can assist us in educating these poor souls. A knowledge of how to read street signs, traffic signs, and general directions is a must.

19 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

kt, today i was talking on the phone to a VP in my company, and i said the word "forwarded" like this:
"forwardeded. i mean, forwardedededdd. forwardedededdded. forget it, i can't say it."

then he asked me if i was drunk.
CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?

3/23/2005 2:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

So you're saying I'm more intelligent than you?

Thanks I needed that compliment.

3/23/2005 2:32 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

OH NO SHE DIDN'T!! Jes - she totally just said she was more intelligent than you, or maybe you said it, I don't know, both of you are smarter than me... I can't even win a stinking game of SOC -

KT - This post is crazy - O-FI-HO - where do you come up with this stuff girl? I think KT has decided to start dabbling in the nose candy... if you know what I mean...

Oh, AND I ALSO read the Anne of Green Gables books and saw the movies - my sister got me into reading and I read so many girly books growing up because there was nothing else around the house to read... I have also read all of the Nancy Drew mystery series - each one was only like 180 pages long - I loved them.

3/23/2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

eddie - did you ever read "Are you there God, it's me Margaret?"

that might bring up a lively discussion of "GAY OR NOT GAY," one of my favorite things to partake in. i often subject my own spouse's behaviour to this analysis, so don't be offended.

3/23/2005 5:24 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

kt: WHATEVER. you KNOW you're more intelligent than I am. that's okay though, because I've won more games of Settlers than you. so hmph!

eddo: it's okay, we still love you. and if you want, we can pre-arrange for you to win, but you won't know about it. wouldn't THAT make you paranoid everytime you play? because from now on, you'll be all, "is this the round that they fabricated for me to win?" but you'll never know til the end, so really, it'll be like you are constantly in suspense. doesn't that sound so exciting?!?

amanda sue: i would not be surprised if your "GAY OR NOT GAY" tormenting has caused your husband to suffer some amount of trauma.

3/23/2005 6:04 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Settlers of Catan Rocks! I always get the longes road... also, Cities and Knights expansion pack is cool too.

3/23/2005 8:06 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

OH MY WORD.

Ben you must, I repeat must, pack up Sydney and your cute children and make your way to the promise land of Texas and come and play a game with Jes, Roger, Eddie and me.

How in the world is it that not only have you been brought into the fold of our blogcircle but you know the game that fills our evenings.

3/24/2005 8:21 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Must be divine providence. It must be. I am SO in this group.

lol.

3/24/2005 9:29 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

ben!

YOU. ARE. SO. IN. THIS. GROUP.

we love SOC! roger and i have the cities & knights expansion pack, and are teaching KT and Eddo how to play on April 16!!!

ben!

YOU. AND. SYDNEY. NEED. TO. MOVE. TO. TEXAS.

FORGET. MINNESOTA. MOVE. TO. TEXAS.

3/24/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Ya sure... you bet... you guys just want to make fun of my MinnesOta accent. lol. Find me a job. I am SO moving to Texas. lol.

3/24/2005 10:43 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

dude. start packing!

3/24/2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

BEN - I have a friend that was from South Dakota and I LOVED his accent. I tried in vain to change my slight southern drawl to gool mid-western, northern, big state, small population accent but I was not very successful. BTW Jessica is the best person to put on the job for finding you a new job. She should be a head hunter.

3/24/2005 1:06 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i was SO a headhunter in a previous life.

you know, because they need headhunters in Heaven.

3/24/2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

so your previous life was in heaven, if so have I got some questions for you

3/24/2005 1:40 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

well, i don't believe in reincarnation. but i do believe that God created my soul.

since a=b=c, i believe that my soul existed before my body, and therefore was created in heaven. which means that in my "past life", i was in heaven.

doesn't that make sense to you? do i have screwed up theology? if so, please tell me. i need to know these things.

3/24/2005 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kryptonite is spelled, "K-R-Y". Have you not seen the movie and the scene with Margot Kidder in the blue dress where Superman spells it out for her?

3/24/2005 3:04 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

ooh! you so totally just got hated on.

3/24/2005 3:29 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Happy Easter Back at 'cha! You work for a Private College?

3/25/2005 2:59 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I work for a private school (grades 1-12).

3/25/2005 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home